Charles Schaefer founded the funeral home in the late 19th century. Records are available as early as 1904, when the funeral home was located on First Street. The funeral home later relocated to Beach Street for several years, then moved into a new facility at the corner of 4th and Delta prior to 1920.
In 1927 Elmer Schaefer erected the present facility at 8th and State. It was known as the Elmer Schaefer Company and also as Marysville Funeral Home. Elmer and Stanley were partners in the firm until Elmer’s death in 1962. Stanley and his wife, Virginia, owned and operated their growing business until selling to Jim and Jan Shipman in 1973.
Presently, the Schaefer-Shipman family serves nearly 250 families each year with a wide range of professional help and services. As the greater Marysville area has grown over the years, the Schaefer-Shipman Funeral Home has continued serving our multicultural and diverse community.