History of Snow's Memorial Chapel
Snow’s Memorial Chapel began in 1892 as Burgard Funeral Furnishings. In 1942, William A. Snow, Jr. bought the funeral home for his brother-in-law, Everett Sammons, and changed the name to Memorial Chapel.
Later in 1959, William A. Snow III began working at the funeral home as a partner with Everett Sammons. In 1973, Everett Sammons passed away and William A. Snow III continued to manage the firm along with his wife, Jean. In 1979, Mr. and Mrs. William A. Snow III purchased the funeral home from his father and changed the name to Snow’s Memorial Chapel.
Both Mr. & Mrs. William A. Snow III are still active within the firm today. Also having long-term heritage within the funeral home is Reginald Smith, who began work at Memorial Chapel in 1965. William A. Snow, IV who started in 1983, manages the Snow’s Memorial Chapel, Cherry Street location, and is also the General Manager of the Macon Georgia group.
Today, Snow’s Memorial Chapel is proud to be a member of the Dignity Memorial® network of funeral, cremation and cemetery providers.