The story of the Wesche Funeral Home began in 1912 when the Wesche family moved to Napoleon and opened the Wesche Furniture and Undertaking business. In 1920 the Wesches started to operate ambulance service to Napoleon and the Henry County area, which continued in operation until Henry County EMS was started in 1973.
In 1994, the Wesche Funeral Home was purchased by Wally Snyder, who operated the Snyder Funeral Home in Holgate, Ohio, and it was renamed Snyder-Wesche Funeral Home. A new parking lot was added on the north side of the chapel, and the funeral home was made handicap accessible to better serve our families. Although the name changed, the staff has always remained committed to the Wesche family’s professional standards and dedication to the community.
Today, we are proud to be a member of the Dignity Memorial® network of funeral, cremation and cemetery service providers. Dignity Memorial providers offer exclusive benefits, including National Transferability of Prearranged Services, the Bereavement Travel Program, the 24-Hour Compassion Helpline® and access to an acclaimed grief management library. As North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services, the Dignity Memorial brand is your assurance of quality, value, caring service and exceptional customer satisfaction.