History of Striffler-Hamby Mortuary
In 1929, Striffler-Hamby Mortuary began as Hammett and Groover Funeral Home, in LaGrange. In the mid 1950s, Hudson Maddox bought Hammett and Groover Funeral Home and changed the name to Maddox Funeral Home.
Hudson Maddox operated the funeral home at 118 Church Street until his retirement in 1973, when he sold the business to Joseph E. “Gene” Page and Hudson’s brother, Charles Maddox. In 1986, Gene Page sold the business to Striffler-Hamby Mortuary from Columbus, Georgia, and Maddox-Page Funeral Home was relocated to 1010 Mooty Bridge Road.
In 1989, the name changed from Maddox-Page Funeral Home to Striffler-Hamby Mortuary. In 1995, Striffler-Hamby Mortuary was acquired by an affiliate of Service Corporation International. Today, we are a proud member of Dignity Memorial® network of funeral, cremation and cemetery providers.