Tobias Funeral Home was founded in Dayton, Ohio, by LaMar and Norma Tobias in 1941. The original funeral home on Watervliet Avenue, in the Belmont neighborhood of Dayton, served as the beginning location for the company, with three additions being made to the building between 1941 and 1968. Mr. and Mrs. Tobias’ three sons, Richard, David and Dan, were active in expanding the business with the completion of Beavercreek Chapel in 1976. In 1982 Far Hills Chapel was acquired, expanding the business to three locations. Englewood Chapel was added to the business in 2000, giving a third generation of the Tobias family four locations to serve the Dayton community.
Today, we are proud to be a member of the Dignity Memorial® network of funeral, cremation and cemetery service providers. Dignity Memorial providers offer exclusive benefits, including National Transferability of Prearranged Services, the Bereavement Travel Program, the 24-Hour Compassion Helpline® and access to an acclaimed grief management library. As North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services, the Dignity Memorial brand is your assurance of quality, value, caring service and exceptional customer satisfaction.