In 1949, Jerry Weaver opened the doors of Weaver Mortuary to a small community in Beaumont, California, and was the only mortuary for miles. After a short time, Mr. Weaver met W.W. Hughes, who owned a small mortuary that opened in the mid-1950s in Loma Linda. The two became very good friends.
In 1959, Mr. Hughes opened a mortuary in the community of Yucaipa and called it Hughes Mortuary. It quickly became a part of the Yucaipa community with a reputation for the same dignified, respectful, end-of-life care for which Weaver was known.
Mr. Weaver’s son, Lew, bought Weaver Mortuary from his father in 1975, having grown up in the family business. Lew Weaver bought Hughes Mortuary in 2005 and as tribute to Mr. Hughes, left his name on the business, creating Weaver-Hughes Mortuary. Mr. Hughes knew Lew well and was confident that he would carry on the same respectful work provided by his mortuary for years.
In 2008, Lew Weaver retired, leaving a legacy of exemplary service and dedication that continues at Weaver-Hughes Mortuary today. We are now proud to be a member of the Dignity Memorial® network of funeral, cremation and cemetery service providers. As such, we offer exclusive benefits, including National Transferability of Prearranged Services, the Bereavement Travel Program, the 24-Hour Compassion Helpline® and access to an acclaimed grief management library. As North America’s premier provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services, the Dignity Memorial brand is your assurance of quality, value, caring service and exceptional customer satisfaction.