In 1949, Jerry and Venus Weaver and their two children, Lew and Mark, moved from San Diego to Beaumont, California, which at that time had a population of about 3,200 residents. The Weavers purchased the Ray F. Allen Mortuary on the corner of Euclid and 7th
Street and renamed it Weaver Mortuary. The business consisted of the mortuary and an ambulance and oxygen service.
In 1957, the mortuary was remodeled and a new chapel was added. Over the years, Jerry and Venus added two more children, Paul and Claire, to the family.
Lew lived at the mortuary with his family and eventually purchased it from his father in 1975. Lew’s active community involvement helped grow the business and further establish Weaver’s reputation within the community.
In 2002, Weaver Mortuary moved from Euclid and 7th
Street to a new state-of-the-art facility which included a crematory and a beautiful chapel. In 2008, Lew Weaver retired, leaving a legacy of exemplary service and dedication that continues at Weaver Mortuary and Crematory today.
We are now proud to be a member of the Dignity Memorial® network of funeral, cremation and cemetery service providers. As such, we offer exclusive benefits, including National Transferability of Prearranged Services, the Bereavement Travel Program, the 24-Hour Compassion Helpline® and access to an acclaimed grief management library.