Whitehurst, Sullivan, Burns & Blair Funeral Home has a tradition of caring, thoughtful service extending back to 1929. Originally founded as Sullivan, Burns & Blair, the funeral home was located in the Romaine Mansion in the heart of downtown Fresno. One of the original owners of the funeral home was state senator Hugh Burns. Eventually, senate duties took too much time away from the management of the Chapel, and the company was sold to the Whitehurst family.
The Whitehurst brothers, Bill and Joel, already owned and operated three family chapels in the San Joaquin Valley before taking over the management of Whitehurst, Sullivan, Burns & Blair. They continued the tradition of providing comforting service to families in need, and as a result the chapel outgrew its location in downtown Fresno.
The current convenient location in central Fresno, with easy access from Hwy 41, was built in 1964. Our belief in family care is sustained by a staff that strives for compassionate service, marked by the desire for excellence. Today, we are proud to be a member of the Dignity Memorial® network of funeral, cremation and cemetery service providers.