September 15, 1936 – June 17, 2018
Jack passed away peacefully in Leduc on Father’s Day June 17, 2018 at the age of 81 years.
Jack was born on September 15, 1936 in Heerlen, The Netherlands, to Leonardus Weijenberg and Theadora Schoofs. He married Catharina (Tiny) Nijman on March 21, 1959. They raised three children, Leo, Miriam, and Dorothy.
Jack was a wonderful husband to Tiny, and they enjoyed 58 years together until Tiny passed away in November 2017. Jack was a fun but firm father. As long as his children were well-behaved and polite, he would take them camping, sailing, and go on road trips. He was also very kind and generous to everyone who needed help. He said everyone deserves a Good Morning and thank-yous for all they do for others. Jack was a member of the Knights of Columbus and a member of IBEW #424 for over fifty years.
He is greatly missed by his children, son-in-law Mike, and granddaughter Jamie. We knew he loved us. Survived by his children: Leo Weyenberg, Miriam Weyenberg, Dorothy Johansen (Mike), granddaughter Jamie Johansen, brother Andre (Bertie) Weijenberg and their daughter Sandra Quadakkers. Predeceased by his wife of 58 years Catharina.
Mass of Christian Burial will take place on Tuesday June 26, 2018 at 10:30 am at St. Michael’s Catholic Church, 5105 – 45a Street, Leduc. Interment to follow.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made in Jack’s name to St. Michael’s Church Building Fund.
- Dorothy Johansen, Honorary Pallbearer
- Miriam Weyenberg, Honorary Pallbearer
- Hans DeBoer, Honorary Pallbearer
- Michael Johansen, Honorary Pallbearer
- Jamie Johansen, Honorary Pallbearer
- Dawn Gottenberg, Honorary Pallbearer
- Wayne Nyman, Honorary Pallbearer
- Ben Nyman, Honorary Pallbearer
- St. Michael's Church Building Fund
- Mass of Christian Burial Tuesday, June 26, 2018
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY