Passed away on December 26, 2018
Robert ‘Bobby’ Young Eskasoni
Young, Robert “Bobby”, 75 of Eskasoni First Nation passed away December 26, 2018 at the Cape Breton Regional hospital, Sydney.
He was born in We’koqma’q First Nation, the son of the late William Bernard Young and the late Mary (Sylliboy) Young Johnson.
He was a grandson of the late Harriet Marshall Sylliboy and the late Grand Chief Gabriel Sylliboy.
Robert was a resident at the Cape Breton Ability Centre in Sydney River, formally known as the Braemore Home. We are very grateful to the doctors, nurses, and care workers who tended to his needs while he lived there.
He is survived by sisters Mary Ellen Googoo (Francis), Membertou and Margaret Hodgeson (Allan), Wheatley, Ontario; sisters-in-law Florence Young and Gertrude Young both of Eskasoni and many nieces and nephews.
He was predeceased by brothers Fred, Charlie, Walter, Richard “Dick”, Donald and Bernie; brothers-in-law Gregory and Leo; sisters, Ann Isabel Young Denny (Pictou Landing), Mary Ellen Young and Jesse Young Morris; sisters-in-law Caroline, Tena and Mary Theresa.
His remains will rest at the Gabriel Centre in Eskasoni after 7 pm on Saturday, December 29. Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated on Monday, December 31 at 10:30 am at Holy Family Church with Father Martin MacDougall presiding. Burial will take place in the parish cemetery.
Online condolences may be sent to the family by visiting www.twcurry.com
- William Bernard Young, Father
- Mary (Sylliboy) Young Johnson, Mother
- Harriet Marshall, Grandmother
- Grand Chief Gabriel Sylliboy, Grandfather
- Mary Ellen Googoo (Francis), Sister
- Margaret Hodgeson (Allan), Sister
- Florence Young, Sister-in-law
- Gertrude Young, Sister-in-law
- Fred; Charlie; Walter, Brothers
- Richard 'Dick'; Donald; Bernie, Brothers
- Ann Isabel Young Denny, Sister
- Mary Ellen Young, Sister
- Jessie Young Morris, Sister
- Gregory and Leo, Brothers-in-Law
- Caroline; Tena and Mary Theresa, Sisters-in-Law
- Robert is also survived by his many nieces and nephews.
- Visitation Saturday, December 29, 2018
- Funeral Mass Monday, December 31, 2018
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY