Clarice Yvonne Statzer
19 marzo , 1930 – 4 febrero , 2020
Clarice Yvonne Statzer, age 89, of Lester, passed away on Tuesday, February 4, 2020 at Bowers Hospice House. Born on March 19, 1930 in Raleigh County, WV, she was the daughter of the late James Wesley Canaday and Clara Sweeney Canaday.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her first husband, Robert Worley; her second husband, Charles Statzer; her daughter, Patricia Ann Ryan; and her brother, Lionel Cleveland Canaday.
Those left to cherish her memory are her daughters, Sara Manning and husband, Nathan, and Nancy Newman; her seven grandchildren, Jeff Ryan, Lisa Ryan, Nathan Manning, Jr., Eric Manning, Tiffany Baker, Jennifer Limon and Jerri Newman; 13 great-grandchildren; six great-great grandchildren; her brother, James D. Canaday; aunt, Thelma Lilly; one niece; three nephews and several cousins; and her special friends, Helen Walker, Angela Coleman, and Shelby Keaton.
Yvonne was a member of Lester Baptist Church. In early years, she loved ceramics. She was a school teacher and retired after 29 years from the Raleigh County Board of Education. Yvonne was a loving, caring and devoted mother whom will be greatly missed by all who knew her.
The family will receive friends from 1:00-2:00 pm, Saturday, February 8, 2020 at Blue Ridge Funeral Home. Funeral Services will be held at 2:00 pm in the Chapel of Blue Ridge Funeral Home with Pastor Dewey Lowe officiating. Entombment will follow in the Peace Mausoleum of Blue Ridge Memorial Gardens.
Her grandsons will have the honor of serving as pallbearers.
Memorial Contributions may be made to Hospice of Southern West Virginia-Bowers Hospice House, 454 Cranberry Dr., Beckley, WV 25801.
Online condolences may be made to the family at www.blueridgefuneralhome.com. Blue Ridge Funeral Home & Crematorium has the honor of serving the family.
- James Wesley Canaday, Father (deceased)
- Clara Sweeney Canaday, Mother (deceased)
- Sara Manning (Nathan), Daughter
- Nancy Newman, Daughter
- Patricia Ann Ryan, Daughter (deceased)
- Robert Worley, First Husband (deceased)
- Charles Statzer, Second Husband (deceased)
- Lionel Cleveland Canaday, Brother (deceased)
- Mrs. Statzer leaves behind to cherish her memory her seven grandchildren, Jeff Ryan, Lisa Ryan, Nathan Manning, Jr., Eric Manning, Tiffany Baker, Jennifer Limon and Jerri Newman; 13 great-grandchildren; six great-great grandchildren; her brother, James D. Canaday; one niece; three nephews; and her special friends, Helen Walker, Angela Coleman, and Shelby Keaton.
- Her Grandsons, Pallbearers
Hospice of Southern West Virginia - Bowers Hospice House
454 Cranberry Dr., Beckley, West Virginia 25801
- Visitation sábado, 8 febrero , 2020
- Funeral Service sábado, 8 febrero , 2020
Clarice Yvonne Statzer
febrero 6, 2020
I’m so sorry for your loss. Praying for strength and comfort for your entire family at this time.