Edsell V. Carter
May 23, 1936 – June 4, 2018
Funeral service for Edsell Carter, 82, of Ohatchee, will be 2 pm Wednesday at Gray Brown-Service Chapel with Wayne Dunaway officiating. Burial will follow at Carter Cemetery. The family will receive friends on Wednesday from 12:30 – 2 pm at the funeral home. Mr. Carter passed away on Monday at his residence.
Survivors include his wife of 60 years, Jimmie Carter, son, Scott Carter (Katie), grandchildren, Tyler Howard (Stephanie), Kayleigh Clayton (Justin), Kourtney Shuler and Aubrey Carter our “Angel”, great-grandchildren, Aiden Howard, Kynleigh Clayton and Olivia Clayton, sister, Betty Pate.
Mr. Carter is preceded in death by his parents, Wych and Hattie Carter, brothers, R.W., Rayo and Joe Carter.
Pallbearers will be Tyler Howard, Justin Clayton, Ricky Dunaway, Larry Boldin, John Geir and John Dyer.
Mr. Carter was a native and lifelong resident of Calhoun County. He was a member of Ohatchee Church of Christ. Mr. Carter was a loving husband, father, grandfather and great-grandfather who will be dearly missed.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to your favorite charity or organization.
- Jimmie Carter, Wife Of 60 Years
- Scott Carter (Katie), Son
- Tyler Howard (Stephanie), Grandchild
- Kayleigh Clayton (Justin), Grandchild
- Kourtney Shuler, Grandchild
- Aubrey Carter, Grandchild
- Aiden Howard, Great Grandchild
- Kynleigh Clayton, Great Grandchild
- Olivia Clayton, Great Grandchild
- Betty Pate, Sister
- Wych & Hattie Carter, Parents
- R. W. Carter, Brother
- Rayo Carter, Brother
- Joe Carter, Brother
- Visitation Wednesday, June 6, 2018
- Funeral Service Wednesday, June 6, 2018
Edsell V. Carter
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY