Alan Edward Martyn
September 25, 1939 – November 2, 2019
Alan Edward Martyn, age 80, passed away Saturday, November 2, 2019 in Piedmont Athens Regional Hospital.
Mr. Martyn was born in Oglesby, Illinois, where he attended local schools and moved to Athens in 1957. He retired after 35 years of service, from Westinghouse/ABB and was a member of Calvary Baptist Church, in Statham. Alan restored a 1951 Ford Truck and loved attending classic car shows and had won numerous awards for his restored vehicles.
Alan is survived by his wife of 50 years, Patricia Ann Martyn, Athens; children, Alanda Faye Escoe (Mike), Watkinsville; Ronnie Lester Martyn, Crawford; Sabrina Jane Lance, Jefferson; Casandra Lynn Pregler (Kyle) Gainesville and Thomas Alan Martyn (Geraldine), Jefferson; brother, Jerry Lester Martyn, San Palo, Brazil; 15 grandchildren and many great grandchildren.
Visitation: 6:00 to 8:00 PM Tuesday, November 5, 2019 in Bernstein Funeral Home.
Funeral Service: 2:00 PM Wednesday, November 6, 2019 in Calvary Baptist Church with Reverend Dr. Ronnie Healan and Reverend Tony Vismor officiating.
Burial will be in Oconee Hill Cemetery.
Bernstein Funeral Home is in charge of funeral arrangements.
- Patricia Ann Martyn, Wife
- Alanda Faye Escoe (Mike), Daughter
- Ronnie Lester Martyn, Son
- Sabrina Jane Lance, Daughter
- Casandra Lynn Pregler (Kyle), Daughter
- Thomas Alan Martyn (Geraldine), Son
- Jerry Lester Martyn, Brother
- Lester and Eleanor Anderson Martyn, Parents (deceased)
- Mr. Martyn leaves 15 grandchildren and many great-grandchildren to cherish his memory.
- A Gathering of Family and Friends Tuesday, November 5, 2019
- Funeral Service Wednesday, November 6, 2019
Alan Edward Martyn
November 4, 2019
Words cannot express our sadness. May the comfort of God help you through this difficult time! We have so many memories with you and uncle Alan! Love you!