Suzanne M. Johnson
November 3, 1929 – November 29, 2019
Peoria – Suzanne M. Johnson, 90, of Peoria, passed away at 3:11 a.m. Friday, November 29, 2019 at Hallmark House Nursing Center in Pekin. She was born on November 3, 1929 in Peoria, a daughter of Edward G. and Bertha (Steiferman) Heinz. She married Reent Edward Johnson on June 1, 1948 in Galesburg. He preceded her in death on March 5, 2001 in Peoria.
Suzanne is survived by her six children, Gregory (Donna) Johnson of Peoria, Debbie (Rick) Hubner of Pekin, Pamela Bouchez of Pekin, Jessica (James) McMillin of Bartonville, Roberta (DeWayne) Arington of Bartonville, and Reent Johnson, Jr. of Peoria; 14 grandchildren; and 25 great-grandchildren; and one sister, Dorothy (Charles) Lowery of East Peoria. She was also preceded in death by her parents; daughter, Rebecca Ledbetter; sister, Katherine Hayes; and brother, Donald Overend.
She was a member of the former Glen Hill Evangelical Free Church in East Peoria.
Suzanne’s funeral service will be at 6:00 p.m. Wednesday, December 4, 2019 at Davison-Fulton Bartonville Chapel. Pastor Don Leach will officiate. Visitation will be from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. also on Wednesday at the funeral home. Burial will take place in St. John's Lutheran Cemetery in Peoria.
Memorials may be made to the Hallmark House Nursing Care Center in Pekin.
Online condolences may be sent to Suzanne’s family at www.davison-fulton-bartonvillechapel.com.
- Edward G. Heinz, Father (deceased)
- Bertha (Steiferman) Heinz, Mother (deceased)
- Reent Edward Johnson, Sr., Husband (deceased)
- Gregory (Donna) Johnson, Son
- Debbie (Rick) Hubner, Daughter
- Pamela Bouchez, Daughter
- Jessica (James) McMillin, Daughter
- Roberta (DeWayne) Arington, Daughter
- Rebecca Ledbetter, Daughter (deceased)
- Reent Johnson, Jr., Son
- Dorothy (Charles) Lowery, Sister
- Katherine Hayes, Sister (deceased)
- Donald Overend, Brother (deceased)
- Fourteen, Grandchildren
- Twenty-five, Great Grandchildren
- Suzanne was preceded in death by her parents;, daughter Rebecca; sister, Katherine; brother, Donald, and her husband Reent.
- Hallmark House Nursing Care Center in Pekin
- Visitation Wednesday, December 4, 2019
- Funeral Service Wednesday, December 4, 2019