Hyla Jane Henderson
June 14, 1923 – January 4, 2020
Hyla Jane Henderson, 96, passed away at Heritage Health in Normal, IL on January 4th, 2020. She was born June 14th, 1923 in Pekin, IL to Harold Dean and Leota Iris Lower Schilpp. Hyla is survived by her children: Ron (Judy) Henderson and Jan Steiner; her brother, Harold Schilpp Jr.; her grandchildren: Rebecca (Kevin) Byrd and Joseph Steiner; and step-grandchildren: Laura (Kevin) Jones and Jay (Carey) Hammer; great-grandchildren, Kayla and Kyle Byrd; and many other family and friends. She was preceded in death by her husband J. Arthur Henderson Jr.; her parents; her son, Roger A. Henderson; and son-in-law, Richard D. Steiner. Hyla loved to crochet, quilt, play bridge, and watch the Chicago Cubs. She made friends easily and was known by all for her kind heart and gentle spirit. She was dedicated to her family and loved nothing more than to spend time with those she loved. She was a member of the First Presbyterian Church of Normal for many years. Memorial donations may be made in Hyla’s honor to a charity of choice. A visitation will be held at East Lawn Funeral Home on January 9th, 2020 from 10 AM – 11 AM with a funeral service immediately following. Burial will follow the service at Minier Cemetery.
- Harold Dean Henderson, Father (deceased)
- Leota Iris Lower Schilpp, Mother (deceased)
- J. Arthur Henderson Jr., Husband (deceased)
- Ron (Judy) Henderson, Son
- Jan Steiner, Daughter
- Roger A. Henderson, Son (deceased)
- Richard D. Steiner, Son-In-Law (deceased)
- Harold Schilpp Jr., Brother
- Rebecca (Kevin) Byrd, Grandchild
- Joseph Steiner, Grandchild
- Laura (Kevin) Jones, Step-Grandchild
- Jay (Carey) Hammer, Step-Grandchild
- Kayla Byrd, Great-Grandchild
- Kyle Byrd, Great-Grandchild
- Hyla leaves behind many other family and friends.
- Visitation Thursday, January 9, 2020
- Funeral Service Thursday, January 9, 2020
- Burial Thursday, January 9, 2020
Hyla Jane Henderson
January 9, 2020
Hyla was a delightful lady who loved her family and the Lord. She was very meticulous and very proud. She was a joy to be with.
January 8, 2020
Hyla and I belonged to the same Home Extension unit in the 70's - 80's. Always loved chatting with her and sorry we lost track after the unit dissolved.