Bobby Elton Lipthratt
January 25, 1934 – March 11, 2018
Bobby Elton Lipthratt, 84, a resident of Brunswick, GA, passed away on Sunday, the 11th of March 2018 at Southeast Georgia Health Systems. He was born the 25th of January 1934 in Brunswick, GA to the late David Colon Lipthratt, Sr., and the late Martha Louise Pope Lipthratt. Mr. Lipthratt was a 1952 graduate of Glynn Academy, a member of the football team, and a veteran of the United States Navy. Mr. Lipthratt retired from Georgia Power’s Plant McManus where he was a shift foreman for thirty-six years. He was a member and yokefellow of the Northside Baptist Church. He was also a member of the Georgia Power Ambassadors. Mr. Lipthratt enjoyed spending time with his family, fishing, and water skiing where he acquired the name “Ski King.” He also enjoyed growing flowers and playing on the Georgia Power softball team. He leaves behind many fond memories that will be cherished by all.
In addition to Mr. Lipthratt's parents, he is preceded in death by his brother David Lipthratt, Jr. Survivors include his wife of 41 years Naomi Moody Lipthratt; two sons Bobby Keith Lipthratt (close friend Beverly Lee Turner) and Kelly Lipthratt (Susan) and one daughter Susan Blount Conti (Greg). There are nine grandchildren Delina Lipthratt Smith (Shawn), Caleb Lipthratt, Cory Lipthratt, Canaan Lipthratt Carmack (Doug), Jeremiah Lipthratt, Brooke Reyna (Chad), Blake Lipthratt (Kristen), Emma Conti, and Nicholas Conti; four great-grandchildren Dylan Smith (Jaci), Destiny Smith, Liam Carmack, and Jack Reyna; and one great-great-grandchild, Easton Smith.
Friends are cordially invited to a visitation with the family from six until eight o’clock in the evening on Wednesday, the 14th of March 2018, at Edo Miller and Sons Funeral Home, 3321 Glynn Ave. in Brunswick.
A funeral service will be held at eleven o'clock in the morning on Thursday, the 15th of March 2018, in the Chapel of Edo Miller and Sons Funeral Home, where Dr. Craig Hartzog and Rev. Scott McVey is to officiate. Burial will follow with a funeral cortege to Palmetto Cemetery, 3412 Ross Rd. in Brunswick, where Bobby will be laid to rest with military honors. Serving active pallbearers are Caleb Lipthratt, Cory Lipthratt, Jeremiah Lipthratt, Blake Lipthratt, Jack Reyna, Dylan Smith and Nicholas Conti.
Honorary pallbearers are Russell Lipthratt, Rory Lipthratt, Robert Lipthratt, Greg Conti, Georgia Power Ambassadors, Northside Baptist Church Men’s Sunday School Class, Deacons and Yokefellows of Northside Baptist Church, and the Thursday night Dominos Group.
The family has requested that in lieu of customary remembrances, memorials may be made to Northside Baptist Church, 935 Chapel Crossing Rd. Brunswick, GA. 31525.
Arrangements are under the Direction of Edo Miller and Sons Funeral Home. www.edomillerandsons.com
- Martha Louise Lipthratt, Mother
- David Colon Liptratt, Sr., Father
- Naomi Moody Lipthratt, Wife
- Bobby Keith Lipthratt (Beverly Lee Turner), Son
- Kelly Lipthratt (Susan), Son
- Susan Blount Conti (Greg), Daughter
- David Lipthratt, Jr., Brother
- Delina Lipthratt Smith (Shawn), Grandchild
- Caleb Lipthratt, Grandchild
- Cory Lipthratt, Grandchild
- Canaan Lipthratt Carmack (Doug), Grandchild
- Jeremiah Lipthratt, Grandchild
- Brooke Reyna (Chad), Grandchild
- Blake Lipthratt (Kristen), Grandchild
- Emma Conti, Grandchild
- Nicholas Conti, Grandchild
- Dylan Smith (Jaci), Great Grandchild
- Destiny Smith, Great Grandchild
- Liam Carmack, Great Grandchild
- Jack Reyna, Great Grandchild
- Easton Smith, Great-Great-Grandchild
- Caleb Lipthratt, Active
- Cory Lipthratt, Active
- Jeremiah Lipthratt , Active
- Blake Lipthratt, Active
- Jack Reyna, Active
- Dylan Smith, Active
- Nicholas Conti, Active
- Russell Lipthratt , Honorary
- Rory Lipthratt, Honorary
- Robert Lipthratt, Honorary
- GA Power Ambassador's, Honorary
- Northside Baptist Church Men's Sunday School l Class, Honorary
- Thursday Night Dominoes Group , Honorary
- Deacons and Yokefellows of Northside Baptist Church , Honorary
Northside Baptist Church
935 Chapel Crossing Rd. 31525, Brunswick, Georgia
- Visitation Wednesday, March 14, 2018
- Funeral Service Thursday, March 15, 2018
Bobby Elton Lipthratt
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES
March 16, 2018
Dear Kelly, Susan, and family,
Our deepest sympathy. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
Love, Wiley and Mary Younce and family
Greta & Scott Turner
March 14, 2018
We were so heartbroken to hear of Bobby's passing. He was always such a special man to Scott and I. We always loved running into him and Naomi when we would be in Brunswick. He always had a hug for me and Scott. All of you will be in our thoughts and prayers during this time of sadness and grief. We love you all.