Carmen Mora Arellano
June 2, 1929 – April 3, 2019
Carmen Mora Arellano was born on June 2, 1929 and passed away April 3, 2019. She was a resident of Chowchilla, California for 70 years.
Carmen is preceded in death by her parents Cesario Mora and Concha Lopez; her husband of 70 years, Ruben Parga Arellano; her daughters, Rosemary Robertson and Yolanda Lopez; maternal grandparents, Juan Mora and Catarina Macias and paternal grandparents, Cirilo Lopez and Silveria Alcaraz.
She is survived by her children, Virgie Arello, Susan Fernandez, Margaret Moran, Ruben M. Arellano, David Robertson and John Robertson; 16 grandchildren, 29 great grandchildren and 2 great great grandchildren.
Carmen was a devoted wife and stay at home mom. She taught Catechism for a few years at St. Columba Catholic Church in Chowchilla, California.
A vigil service will be held for Carmen on Friday, April 12, 2019 from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. with the rosary service beginning at 7:00 p.m. at Palm Memorial Worden Chapel, located at 140 S. 6th Street, Chowchilla, California. A funeral Mass will be held on Saturday, April 13, 2019 at St. Columba Catholic Church located at 231 Orange Ave, Chowchilla, California at 10:00 a.m.. Graveside will follow at Chowchilla Cemetery District, located at 23359 Rd. 14 1/2., Chowchilla, California.
- Cesario Mora, Father
- Concha Lopez, Mother
- Rachel Reyes, Sister
- Helen Lopez, Sister
- Ruben Parga Arellano, Husband
- Ruben Arellano, Son
- David Robertson, Son
- John Robertson, Son
- Virgie Arellano, Daughter
- Susan Fernandez, Daughter
- Margaret Moran, Daughter
- Rosemary Robertson, Daughter
- Yolanda Lopez, Daughter
- Carmen also leaves behind to cherish her memory 16 grandchildren, 29 great grandchildren and 2 great-great grandchildren.
- Jose Moran III, Pallbearer
- Christopher Moran, Pallbearer
- Adam Lopez, Pallbearer
- Vincent Lopez, Pallbearer
- Ruben John Robertson, Pallbearer
- John Robertson, Pallbearer
- Logan Schnoor, Pallbearer
- Visitation Friday, April 12, 2019
- Rosary Service Friday, April 12, 2019
- Funeral Mass Saturday, April 13, 2019
Carmen Mora Arellano
April 13, 2019
Sending prayers and heartfelt sympathy to my cousin Carmen’s family. I always remember the good times spent visiting with you and the fun we had swimming in the river at your place.
God bless you Carmen.
Linda Mejia (Tia Agri & Tio Aquileo’s daughter)