Dennis C. Tomlinson
May 16, 1948 – July 4, 2019
Dennis Charles Tomlinson passed away peacefully on the 4th of July, 2019, with his family at his side, overlooking Lake Huron from his lakefront home in Port Austin, Michigan. He was 71 years of age. Dennis dedicated his life to public service with various civic groups including as president of the Clinton Valley Kiwanis and Clinton Valley T-ball League. He was the longest serving Clerk of the Charter Township of Clinton, having been elected for seven terms in office. The Tomlinson Arboretum, a 24 acre park in Clinton Township, is named in his honor. After his retirement, he continued his dedication by being active with the Port Austin Lions Club and serving on the Port Austin Township Library Board.
Dennis enjoyed hunting and fishing and was an avid reader of historical and political genres. His family was most important to him. He is survived by his beloved wife of nearly 50 years, Elaine (nee Belloli); children, Timothy (Amy) Tomlinson, Brian Tomlinson, Steven (Jessica) Tomlinson and Laura (Robert McNeill) Tomlinson. He loved his grandchildren, Isabella, Jacob, Stella and Isla, frequently driving hours to attend their events and activities. He was predeceased by his parents, Charles and Bernice (nee Watchowski) Tomlinson.
Visitation will occur Tuesday, July 9, 2019 from 2-8 PM at Kaul Funeral Home, 35201 Garfield Road, Clinton Township, MI 48035, with an instate at 10:30am Wednesday, July 10, 2019 at St. Michael Catholic Church 40501 Hayes Road, Sterling Heights, MI until mass at 11am. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Tomlinson Arboretum – Clinton Township Arboretum or Port Austin Township Library in memory of Dennis.
- Elaine (nee Belloli) Tomlinson, Wife
- Timothy (Amy) Tomlinson, Son
- Brian Tomlinson, Son
- Steven (Jessica) Tomlinson, Son
- Laura (Robert McNeill) Tomlinson, Daughter
- He loved his grandchildren, Isabella, Jacob, Stella and Isla, frequently driving hours to attend their events and activities. He was predeceased by his parents, Charles and Bernice (nee Watchowski) Tomlinson.
- Visitation Tuesday, July 9, 2019
- Instate Wednesday, July 10, 2019
- Funeral Mass Wednesday, July 10, 2019