July 1, 1927 – September 26, 2019
Ruth Gill, age 92 of Columbia, MS passed away Thursday, September 26, 2019 at Marion General Hospital. A native to Richburg, MS and longtime resident of Columbia, she was a seamstress with Pioneer Aerospace and retired after more than 20 years of employment. Ruth was a member of Good Hope Baptist Church. Mrs. Gill was preceded in death by her husbands, Lee Roy King, and James “Jimmy” Gill; a daughter, Peggy Hedgepeth; sons, Paul King, and Donnie King; parents, Jessie and Hattie Breeland; and all of her siblings. She is survived by her son, Jessie King; sister-in-law, Lizzie Breeland; ten grandchildren; ten great-grandchildren; and three great great-grandchildren. A graveside service will be held at 2:30pm Saturday, September 28, 2019 at Good Hope Baptist Church Cemetery in Columbia with Reverend A.D. Gammill, presiding. Colonial Funeral Home in Columbia is in charge of arrangements.
- Lee Roy King, Husband (deceased)
- James "Jimmy" Gill, Husband (deceased)
- Peggy Hedgepeth, Daughter (deceased)
- Paul King, Son (deceased)
- Donnie King, Son (deceased)
- Jessie Breeland, Father (deceased)
- Hattie Breeland, Mother (deceased)
- . ., .
- Jessie King, Son
- Lizzie Breeland, Sister-in-law
- Mrs. Gill is also survived by ten grandchildren, ten great-grandchildren, and three great great-grandchildren.
- Graveside Service Saturday, September 28, 2019