September 4, 1924 – January 9, 2021
Hughlon Harold Pearson died Saturday, January 09, 2021 at age 96. He was born September 04, 1924 in Madison, GA to the late Usher Thomas and Hessie Pearl Pearson.
Hughlon was a decorated US Army Veteran, serving during World War II. He received the Occupation Medal of Japan, the Asiatic-Pacific Theater Ribbon with one Bronze Star, the Philippine Liberation Ribbon with one Bronze Star, Good Conduct Medal, Victory Medal, and a Purple Heart for injuries received in the Battle of Luzon. He served 34 years in the Armed Forces, including 29 years in the National Guard.
He worked as a security guard for Southern Foods and then Lummus Industries after his second retirement.
He was a member of Glenn Anthony Baptist Church where he loved to attend Sunday School and church services.
In addition to his parents, he was predeceased by his wife, Mary Davis Pearson; his son, James Stephen Pearson; and brothers, Thomas Pearson and James Pearson.
He is survived by a brother William P Pearson (Tommie) of Griffin, GA, and a brother and sister-in-law Jim and Polly Davis of Fitzgerald, GA.
He will be greatly missed by his niece and caretaker, Karon Bush of Midland, GA, who he called his “boss” and his nurse and his friends, Pat and Fluffy Webb, who were always there to lend a helping hand with his care, transportation, and anything else that was needed.
- Usher Thomas and Hessie Pearl Pearson, Parents (deceased)
- Mary Davis Pearson, Wife (deceased)
- James Stephen Pearson, Son (deceased)
- Thomas Pearson and James Pearson, Brothers (deceased)
- William P Pearson (Tommie), Brother
- Jim and Polly Davis, Brother- and Sister-in-law
- He will be greatly missed by his niece and caretaker, Karon Bush of Midland, GA, who he called his “boss” and his nurse and his friends, Pat and Fluffy Webb, who were always there to lend a helping hand with his care, transportation, and anything else that was needed.
No public services are scheduled at this time. Receive a notification when services are updated.
January 19, 2021
Mr. Hugh was in my Sunday School Class, he knew a lot about the bible. He could quote scripture from memory, I thought he had been a preacher. He was a nice man and a insperation.