Alvin Lamar Hawthorne
July 12, 1930 – January 25, 2019
Alvin Lamar Hawthorne, 88, of Conroe and formerly of North Little Rock, Arkansas, passed away Friday, January 25, 2019. He was born July 12, 1930, in Jonesville, Louisiana, to Joseph and Plummer Irene Hawthorne. He was an avid gardener and enjoyed planting flowers and vegetable gardens. He shared his crops with others and kept a beautiful yard full of gorgeous flowers. He worked in the grocery industry and eventually owned his own small grocery store, The Corner Pantry in Little Rock, Arkansas, where he catered to the elderly, delivering their groceries daily and sharing his fresh vegetables. He was a devout Christian and lived everyday by God’s word. He was preceded in death by his loving wife Evelyn, parents, and siblings Kenneth Hawthorne, Bobby Hawthorne, and Inez Peters. He is survived by his children Gayle Burke and husband John, Bobby Hawthorne, and Jane Hawthorne, grandchildren Coy Vogel and wife Tiffany, Kelly Barker and husband Patrick, Cody Hawthorne and wife Marissa, and Trevor Hawthorne, great grandchildren Conner Vogel, Mason Vogel, Will Barker, and Jenna Barker, and sister Nell Knotts. Alvin leaves behind many nieces, nephews, extended family and many friends. Visitation will be held on Thursday, January 31, 2019 at Cashner Funeral Home in Conroe from 5:00pm until 7:00pm. Funeral services will be on Friday, February 1, 2019 at 10:00am in the Cashner Funeral Home Chapel and entombment will follow in the Garden Park Cemetery.
- Gayle Burke and husband John, Daughter
- Bobby Hawthorne, Son
- Jane Hawthorne, Daughter
- Coy Vogel and wife Tiffany, Grandchild
- Kelly Barker and husband Patrick, Grandchild
- Cody Hawthorne and wife Marissa, Grandchild
- Trevor Hawthorne, Grandchild
- Connor Vogel, Great Grandchild
- Mason Vogel, Great Grandchild
- Will Barker, Great Grandchild
- Jenna Barker, Great Grandchild
- Nell Knotts, Sister
- Evelyn Hawthorne, Loving wife
- Joseph H. and Plummer Irene Jones Hawthorne, Parents
- Kenneth Hawthorne, Sibling
- Bobby Hawthorne, Sibling
- Inez Peters, Sibling
- Numerous nieces, nephews, extended family and a host of friends.
- Coy Vogel
- Bobby Hawthorne
- Cody Hawthorne
- Trevor Hawthorne
- Visitation Thursday, January 31, 2019
- Funeral Service Friday, February 1, 2019
Alvin Lamar Hawthorne
January 31, 2019
Mr. Hawthorne gave me my first job at a Weingarten's store on the day I turned sixteen, Aug 10th, 1969. He was a good store manager and a good man to work for. He left a lifelong impression on a young kid. They don't make 'em like Mr. Hawthorne anymore.
January 30, 2019
To Gayle, Jane and Bobbie may God continue to give you peace that surpasses all understanding. May God strengthen your hearts in you time of loss. Thank you, some much for allowing me to care for your precious dad. May God Bless each of you and your families!!