Jay Dean Mathews
June 14, 1959 – January 1, 2021
Jay D. Mathews, 61 of Walker, Iowa, passed away on Friday, January 1, 2021 from injuries suffered from a motorcycle accident on December 21, 2020 in Corpus Christi, Texas. There will be no services at this time. Jay was born on June 14, 1959 in Spencer Iowa, the son of James and Betty (Ashcraft) Mathews. Jay worked as a carpenter and handy man for many years. Recently, Jay recently moved to Texas to be near his sons.
He is survived by his mother Betty Mathews of Walker, 4 sons, Harley (Amanda) Mathews, Adam Mathews, Richard (Britany) Mathews, Mason Mathews and Grandson Wendell Mathews all of Corpus Christi, TX. Brothers Gary (Pam) Mathews of Priest River, Idaho, Terry (Teresa Schnell) of Walker. Sisters Deb (Gary) Thompson of Center Point, Wendy (Stewart) Merrett of Walker, Bobbie (Gary) Benson of Urbana and Karen Dizayee of Santa Maria California. Many nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his father and grandparents.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.CageMillsFuneralDirectors.com for the Mathews family.
- Betty Mathews, Mother
- Harley (Amanda) Mathews, Son
- Adam Mathews, Son
- Richard (Britany) Mathews, Son
- Mason Mathews, Son
- Wendell Mathews, Grandson
- Gary (Pam) Mathews, Brothers
- Terry (Teresa Schnell), Brother
- Deb (Gary) Thompson, Sister
- Wendy (Stewart) Merrett, Sister
- Bobbie (Gary) Benson, Sister
- Karen Dizayee, Sister
- Jay also leaves behind many nieces and nephews to cherish his memory. . .