Manuel P. Alvarez
August 14, 1937 – July 28, 2018
Manuel “Meme” Alvarez Sr., age 80, passed away on July 28, 2018 peacefully surrounded by all his loving family and will be greatly missed by all.
He dearly loved his wife Gloria and all his children, 18 grandchildren and 35 great grandchildren. All those who remember Meme, know he was The Dallas Cowboys’ #1 Fan.
Meme was preceded in death by his parents, Natalio and Elvira Alvarez. He leaves behind his loving wife of 50 years, Gloria, and children, Mary Lou Garza (Ramon), Evelia Landa (Luis), Manuel Alvarez Jr. (Marty), Irma Alvarez, David Alvarez (Maxine), Dina Alvarez (Letty), Angie Alvarez (Ramon), Diana Rios (Raul), Delia Madrigal; brother, Eginio Alvarez (Mary), and sister, Adela Salazar.
Visitation is scheduled from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. on Thursday, August 2, 2018 at Funeraria Del Angel located at 549 Cheyenne St. with a Holy Rosary to be recited at 7:00 p.m. that same evening.
Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 1:00 p.m. on Friday, August 3, 2018 at Most Precious Blood Catholic Church with interment to follow at Rose Hill Memorial Park.
Online condolences may be offered at www.funerariadelangelmholly.com
- Natalio and Elvira Alvarez, Parents
- Gloria Alvarez, Wife
- Mary Lou Garza (Ramon), Daughter
- Evelia Landa (Luis), Daughter
- Manuel Alvarez Jr. (Marty), Son
- Irma Alvarez, Daughter
- David Alvarez (Maxine), Son
- Dina Alvarez (Letty), Daughter
- Angie Alvarez (Ramon), Daughter
- Diana Rios (Raul), Daughter
- Delia Madrigal, Daughter
- Eginio Alvarez (Mary), Brother
- Adela Salazar, Sister
- Visitation Thursday, August 2, 2018
- Holy Rosary Thursday, August 2, 2018
- Funeral Mass Friday, August 3, 2018
- Interment Friday, August 3, 2018