Rita Lea Dessert
July 19, 1928 – November 4, 2019
Rita Lea Dessert passed away peacefully on Monday evening, November 4, 2019. She was 91 years old. Beloved wife of the late Alderic Dessert. Loving mother of the late Richard Dessert. Sister of Florence Calci (the late Joseph) and the late Albert Levesque, Roland Levesque, and Lucille Lavalee. Also survived by many nieces and nephews. Rita was a native of West Warwick, Rhode Island and graduated from West Warwick High School. She worked as Royal Mills as a seamstress for many years. She has been a resident of Mandeville, Louisiana for over 20 years. Rita loved to travel and enjoyed sewing and crocheting. She was a devout Catholic and faithful parishioner of Most Holy Trinity Catholic Church. She will be dearly missed by her family. Family and friends are invited to attend a Memorial Mass at MOST HOLY TRINITY CATHOLIC CHURCH, 501 Holy Trinity Drive, Covington, on Friday morning, November 8, 2019 at 11:30. Inurnment will take place privately in St. Lazarus of Bethany Memorial Garden at a later date. An online guestbook is available at www.gracenorthshore.com.
- Alderic Dessert, Spouse (deceased)
- Richard Dessert, Son (deceased)
- Florence Calci, Sister
- Joseph Calci, Brother-in-law (deceased)
- Albert Levesque, Brother (deceased)
- Roland Levesque, Brother (deceased)
- Lucille Lavalee, Sister (deceased)
- Also survived by many nieces and nephews.
- Memorial Mass Friday, November 8, 2019