August 31, 1934 – April 13, 2021
Mildred "Ruth" Sketo, age 86, of Bakersfield, California passed away on Tuesday, April 13, 2021. Ruth was born August 31, 1934 in Dover, Arkansas to Bessi Roberts McNabb and George Wilson McNabb.
She is survived by her sister Zelma "Dean" Murphy, along with various nieces and nephews.
Ruth was preceded in death by father George Wilson McNabb and mother Bessi Roberts McNabb. Husband Bob Sketo and son Stan Sketo.
A visitation and funeral services for Ruth will be held Saturday, May 8, 2021 from 9:00 AM to 10:30 AM at Delano Mortuary, 707 Browning Road, Delano, CA 93215. The committal service will follow at North Kern Cemetery District, 627 Austin St., Delano, CA 93215 at 11:00 AM.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.delanomortuary.com for the Sketo family.
- Dean Murphy, Sister
- Robert "Bob" Sketo, Husband (deceased)
- Robert Stanley Sketo, Son (deceased)
- George Wilson McNabb, Father (deceased)
- Bessi Roberts McNAbb, Mother (deceased)
- Mrs. Sketo also leaves behind various nieces and nephews.
- David Rosener, Pallbearer
- Bob Furgerson, Pallbearer
- Kelvin Furgerson, Pallbearer
- Aaron Mustin, Pallbearer
- Bradley Mustin, Pallbearer
- Dan Mustin, Pallbearer
9:00 am - 9:30 am
9:30 am - 10:30 am
11:00 am - 11:15 am
North Kern Cemetery District
May 6, 2021
I remember a sweet soul who spoke her mind and who was lucky to have a devoted husband by her side.
Arise and shine; for the light has come! And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you.
~ Isaiah 60:1