William Charles Batts
January 30, 1940 – May 9, 2020
William Charles Batts, age 80 of Dunn, passed away on Saturday, May 09, 2020 at Classic Care in Smithfield. He was born in Elm City, North Carolina on January 30, 1940 to the late William Council Batts and the late Margaret Lucille Treadway Cox. He was also preceded in death by his stepmother: Estellie P Batts; wife: Pauline P. Batts; son: Eddie Batts; brother: Jackie Ray Batts and sister: Doris Jean Brewer.
Bill’s life forever changed when he met his loving wife of 33 years, Pauline P. Batts. Bill’s love for Pauline was like no other. She was his everything and his whole heart. Together they shared the love of laboring in their yards, growing gorgeous flowers and beautiful trees. The day she passed was the day a huge part of him went with her. They are now back together walking hand and hand in the beautiful gardens of heaven.
Bill had a magnetic personality. He was a hard worker, with a dedicated career of over 30 years as the Produce Manager of the Carlie C’s IGA.
Bill leaves behind his two daughters: Carol Hartley and husband Kenny of Erwin and Angela Croom and husband Chris of Stantonburg; two stepchildren: Angela Michelle Gainey and husband Steve of Benson and Tina Neighbors and husband Jeff of Dunn; five grandchildren: Maria Carol Tippett, Madison Hartley, Colton Neighbors, Ethan Harley and Caleb Neighbors and a host of nieces, nephews, family and friends.
A graveside service to commemorate the life of William Charles Batts will be conducted at Three O’clock in the afternoon on Wednesday, May 13, 2020 in Harnett Devotional Gardens with Pastor Randy Beasley presiding.
All arrangements are entrusted to Cromartie-Miller Funeral Home of Dunn. Online condolences may be expressed at www.cromartiemiller.com
- William Council Batts, Father (deceased)
- Margaret Lucille Treadway Cox, Mother (deceased)
- Estellie P Batts, Step Mother (deceased)
- Pauline P. Batts, Wife (deceased)
- Eddie Batts, Son (deceased)
- Carol Hartley and husband Kenny, Daughter
- Angela Croom and husband Chris, Daughter
- Angela Michelle Gainey and husband Steve, Step-Daughter
- Tina Neighbors and husband Jeff, Step-Daughter
- Maria Carol Tippett, Granddaugher
- Madison Hartley, Granddaughter
- Colton Neighbors, Grandson
- Ethan Hartley, Grandson
- Caleb Neighbors, Grandson
- Jackie Ray Batts, Brother (deceased)
- Doris Jean Brewer, Sister (deceased)
Learn more about the Batts name
- Famil & Friends
Wednesday, May 13, 2020