Vivian M Garren
December 29, 1924 – April 13, 2019
Vivian M Garren, 94, of East Peoria passed away at 9:37 am April 13, 2019 at her residence. She was born December 29, 1924 in Normal, IL, the daughter of Ollie and Lucinda Wood Carpenter. Vivian married Wiley J Garren on July 4, 1945. He preceded her in death on June 25, 1990. Vivian is survived by her nephew Lee Wells; great- niece, Jennifer (Keith) Miller; and several other nieces and nephews. She is also preceded in death by her parents; one daughter, Marilyn Fleck, two sisters and one brother. Vivian owned and operated Houser Automotive Paint Co. until her retirement in 1989. She is a member of First United Methodist Church of East Peoria. Funeral services will be 11 am Wednesday, April 17, 2019 at Remmert Funeral Home. Visitation will be one hour prior. Pastor Mary Arnold will officiate. Burial will be in Parkview Cemetery. Memorials may be made to JDFR for Juvenile Diabetes or her church. To view Vivian’s memorial page or to leave an online condolence please go to www.remmertfuneralhome.com.
- Ollie Carpenter, Father
- Lucinda Wood Carpenter, Mother
- Wiley J Garren, Husband
- Lee Wells, Nephew
- Jennifer (Keith) Miller, Great Niece
- ~ Several ~, Nieces and Nephews
- Vivian married Wiley J Garren on July 4, 1945. He preceded her in death on June 25, 1990. She is also preceded in death by her parents; one daughter, Marilyn Fleck, two sisters and one brother.
- JDFR for Juvenile Diabetes
- First United Methodist Church
- Visitation Wednesday, April 17, 2019
- Funeral Service Wednesday, April 17, 2019
Vivian M Garren
April 16, 2019
Vivian Garren was such a sweet person. When she was able to attend church she never missed a time saying hello to me or asking how things were going. My daughter and I were taking her Christmas card bag to her and we had such a beautiful conversation with her. Wish we could have made it out to see her more. God bless her family.