Edwina P. Powers
June 17, 1931 – December 10, 2018
Edwina P. (Petrone) Powers, age 87, of Tiverton, passed away Monday, December 10, 2018 in St. Anne’s Hospital. She was the wife of the late Raymond F. Powers, Jr.
Born in Fall River, a daughter of the late Drs. Francis J. and Othilia (Vieira) Petrone, she lived in Fall River before moving to Tiverton. She was a graduate of Sacred Heart Academy, Class of 1949 and later earned her bachelor’s degree in government and master’s degree in education from Tufts University. Mrs. Powers was an Elementary School Teacher in the Fall River School System for many years before retiring.
Mrs. Powers devoted her life to being a teacher and was a member of the Tiverton Garden Club.
She is survived by two sons, James Powers and his wife Arlene of Easton and David Powers of Tiverton; two sisters, Patricia Gauthier and her husband Maurice of Tiverton and Natalie Hackett and her husband Jack of Fall River; three grandchildren, Rachael, Sarah and Olivia Powers and many nieces and nephews. She was the sister of the late Francis Petrone.
Her Funeral will be held on Friday, December 14, 2018 at 8:15 a.m. from the Waring-Sullivan Home at Cherry Place, 178 Winter Street, Fall River, followed by her Funeral Mass at 10:00 a.m. in St. Christopher’s Church, 1584 Main St., Tiverton, RI. Visiting hours will be on Friday 8:15 to 9:15 a.m. prior to the mass. Contributions in her honor may be made to Portsmouth Abbey School, Portsmouth, RI. Burial in Mt. St. Mary’s Cemetery, Pawtucket, RI
- The late Raymond Powers, Jr., Husband
- The late Francis J. and Othilia (Vieira) Petrone, Parents
- James Powers and his wife Arlene, Son
- David Powers, Son
- Patricia Gauthier and her husband Maurice, Sister
- Natalie Hackett and her husband Jack, Sister
- Rachael, Sarah and Olivia Powers, Grandchildren
- Many nieces and nephews. She was the sister of the late Francis Petrone.
- Portsmouth Abbey School
- Visitation Friday, December 14, 2018
- Funeral Mass Friday, December 14, 2018
- Burial Friday, December 14, 2018