Hilda J. Schofield
May 7, 1924 – July 21, 2018
Hilda Jean Schofield, R.N., age 94, passed away Saturday, July 21, 2018 in Sarah Brayton Nursing Home. Born in Fall River a daughter of the late Harold and Isabella (Lees) Schofield, she was a lifelong resident of the city.
Ms. Schofield graduated from the Truesdale Hospital Nursing School in 1945 followed by a post graduate year of study at Boston University.
As a nurse, she taught Obstetrics with Dr. Harry Powers for two years and cared for approximately 41,000 newborns as the first Head Nurse of newborn nursing at Truesdale Hospital. She worked 46 years until her retirement in 1991 from Charlton Memorial Hospital.
She is survived by a nephew, Andrew Schofield and his wife Jill; a niece, Linda Schofield, five grand-nephews, three grand-nieces and not to be forgotten her cousin and lifelong friend Myrtle Brierley. She was the sister of the late Andrew Schofield and Harold Schofield, Jr.
Her Funeral Service will be held on Monday, July 30, 2018 at 10:00 AM in the waring-Sullivan Home at Cherry Place, 178 Winter St., Fall River. Burial private.
- The late Harold and Isabella (Lees) Schofield, Parents
- Andrew Schofield and his wife Jill, Nephew
- Linda Schofield, Niece
- Myrtle Brierley, Cousin and lifelong friend
- The late Andrew Schofield, Brother
- The late Harold Schofield, Jr., Brother
- Five grand-nephews and three grand-nieces.
- Funeral Service Monday, July 30, 2018
- Burial Private