April 22, 1931 – February 5, 2019
Joan Bishop, 87, formerly of Fulton, Missouri passed away on February 5, 2019 in Spring Hill, Tennessee She was born April 22, 1931 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the daughter of Horace & Carolyn Law Knox. Joan was preceded in death by her parents; infant son Brian Charles; two sisters, Carolyn Smith & Lorraine Baker. She married William "Bill" Bishop July 16, 1958 and he preceded her in death in 2017. She is survived by daughter Tanna Bishop Vance and her husband Scott of Thomson’s Station, Tennessee; one grandson, Damon Charles Vance of Thomson's Station; one brother in-law, Ellis Smith; one niece, Leslie DeVries & two great nieces, Julia Sonntag & Madeline Walter of Urbandale, Iowa. She worked for the Department of Revenue for 10 years in Jefferson City, Missouri and was a homemaker. She enjoyed counted cross-stitch, yardwork, baseball games & flowers. She was a member of the First Christian Church in Fulton, Missouri. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, February 9, 2019 at Debo Funeral Home in Fulton. Burial will follow at Callaway Memorial Gardens. Visitation will be from 2:00 p.m. until the time of the services at the funeral home. Memorial contributions in lieu of flowers can be made to The Arbors at Willow Springs, Attn: Pam Williams Administrator, 1040 Campbell Station Parkway, Spring Hill, TN 37174.
- Horace Knox, Father
- Carolyn Law Knox, Mother
- William "Bill" Bishop, Husband
- Brian Charles Bishop, infant son
- Tanna Bishop Vance, Daughter
- Scott Vance, Son-in-law
- Damon Charles Vance, Grandson
- Ellis Smith, Brother-in-law
- Leslie Dvries, Niece
- Julia Sonntag, Great Niece
- Madeline Walter, Great Niece
- Joan worked for the Department of Revenue for 10 years in Jefferson City, Missouri and was a homemaker. She enjoyed counted cross-stitch, yardwork, baseball games & flowers. She was a member of the First Christian Church in Fulton, Missouri.
The Arbors @ Willow Springs
attn: Pam Williams 1040 Campbell Station Parkway , Spring Hill, Tennessee 37174
- Visitation Saturday, February 9, 2019
- Funeral Service Saturday, February 9, 2019
February 7, 2019
Tanna, so sorry for your loss. Your Mom was a sweet Lady. I was privileged to meet her when I worked for Dr. Klinginsmith. she always talked about her Tanna, and how much she loved you . Peace be with you.