Fred Mirwell Handley
March 24, 1938 – November 16, 2020
Fred Mirwell Handley, age 82, of Morris, Alabama passed away on Monday, November 16, 2020. He was born March 24, 1938, to Geneva Young Handley and Luther James Handley.
Mr. Handley is survived by his sister Betty Handley Coleman; son Michael Lee Handley; daughter Misty Kennedy (Chuck); grandsons, Tre's Kennedy (Erin), Chase Kennedy (McKenzie), Nathan Handley; great-granddaughter Bennett Kay Kennedy and great-granddaughter due in April Laney Sue Kennedy. He is also survived by bonus family, Missy, Megan, Taylor, Eli, Sallie, Shane, and Kennedy along with a host of nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his wife Linda Kay (Brooks) Handley; father Luther James Handley and mother Geneva Young Handley; sisters, Barbara Handley and Sue Handley Robinson and brother James "Jimmy" Handley and grandson Ezekiel Lee Handley.
A graveside service for Mr. Handley will be held Wednesday, November 18, 2020, at 11:00 AM at Glennwood Baptist Cemetery, 1929 Glennwood Rd, Morris, AL 35116. Chuck Kennedy will officiate.
Serving as pallbearers are Chuck Kennedy, Tre's Kennedy, Chase Kennedy, Shane Terry, Alan Robinson, David Robinson, and honorary pallbearer Steve Coleman.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.ridoutsgardendalechapel.com for the Handley family.
- Linda Kay (Brooks) Handley, Wife (deceased)
- Luther James Handley, Father (deceased)
- Geneva Young Handley, Mother (deceased)
- Barbara Handley, Sister (deceased)
- Sue Handley Robinson, Sister (deceased)
- James "Jimmy" Handley, Brother (deceased)
- Ezekiel Lee Handley, Grandson (deceased)
- Michael Lee Handley, Son
- Misty Kennedy (Chuck), Daughter
- Tre's Kennedy (Erin), Grandson
- Chase Kennedy (McKenzie), Grandson
- Nathan Handley, Grandson
- Bennett Kay Kennedy, Great Granddaughter
- Laney Sue Kennedy, Great Granddaughter due in April
Learn more about the Handley name
- Chuck Kennedy, Pallbearer
- Tre's Kennedy, Pallbearer
- Chase Kennedy, Pallbearer
- Shane Terry, Pallbearer
- Alan Robinson, Pallbearer
- David Robinson, Pallbearer
- Steve Coleman, Honorary Pallbearer
Wednesday, November 18, 2020
Fred Mirwell Handley
November 18, 2020
Dear Misty and Michael, please accept my sincere sympathy on Fred's death. I know that this must be a very difficult time for you but faith and hope will bouy you up and get you through it. I have lost a good friend who shared many fond memories over the years. I will miss him sorely. I am very sorry I will not be able to attend Fred's service but I will be there in spirit. If there is anything I can do for you please free to call on me.
MAY HE REST IN PEACE.