Margaret L. Wilt
January 12, 1930 – April 12, 2018
Margaret Louetta (Rowell) Wilt, born January 12, 1930, passed peacefully into the arms of her Lord on April 12, 2018. She was born in Barada, Nebraska to Melvin Perry and Mary Virginia (Tillman) Rowell and was one of eleven children.
Margaret was preceded in death by her husband of 56 years, Arthur Ray Wilt, daughter Marjorie Colleen Milne, and several siblings.
Margaret is survived by her children Keith Leroy Baitey, Carolyn Elaine Valdez, Robert Marvin Baitey, Jr., Angela Fay Wilt, and Constance Susan Harrison; grandchildren, Jonathan Paul Heuton, Jeremy Scott Heuton, Brandon Scott Wilt, Brian Keith Wilt, and Austin Ray Wilt; and great-grandchildren, Paige Marie Heuton, Kamryn Miah Heuton, Attikus Kai Heuton, Taylor Jordan Wilt, Matthew Logan Wilt, and Lucas Daniel Wilt. She is also survived by brothers Eugene Rowell, Kenneth Rowell, and Dale Rowell.
Margaret was a member of Gashland Baptist Church, Kansas City, Missouri. She stayed home to raise her six children; over the years she supplemented the family income by taking in ironing, selling real estate, and working at North Kansas City Pro Bowl. One of her greatest pleasures was working side-by-side with her husband Art rehabbing houses. They were a well-oiled team working together and there wasn't a task that she wouldn't take on. Margaret loved feeding the birds; her favorites were the wrens and she was always very excited to watch the babies fledge. She also enjoyed fishing on the bank of a river and gambling at the casinos. In their retirement years, Margaret and Art traveled in their RV to every state except Hawaii and Alaska. They loved traveling but always looked forward to getting back home to their kids and grandkids. Due to the advanced stage of Parkinson's, Margaret lived her final years at Excelsior Springs Nursing and Rehab. The family would like to thank those at ESNR who showed Mom exceptional care, compassion, and love.
We love you Mom, we miss you, and we'll see you again soon.
A funeral service will be held on Monday, April 16 at 2 pm, with visitation one hour prior, all at White Chapel Funeral Home.
- Melvin Perry Rowell, Father
- Mary Virginia Tillman, Mother
- Eugene Rowell, Brother
- Kenneth Rowell, Brother
- Dale Rowell, Brother
- Arthur Ray Wilt, Husband
- Marjorie Colleen Milne, Daughter
- Keith Leroy Baitey, Son
- Carolyn Elaine Valdez, Daughter
- Robert Marvin Baitey Jr., Son
- Angela Fay Wilt, Daughter
- Constance Susan Harrison, Daughter
- Jonathan Paul Heuton, Grandson
- Jeremy Scott Heuton, Grandson
- Brandon Scott Wilt, Grandson
- Brian Keith Wilt, Grandson
- Austin Ray Wilt, Grandson
- Paige Marie Heuton, Great Grandchild
- Kamryn Miah Heuton, Great Grandchild
- Attikus Kai Heuton, Great Grandchild
- Taylor Jordan Wilt, Great Grandchild
- Matthew Logan Wilt, Great Grandchild
- Lucas Daniel Wilt, Great Grandchild
- Margaret is also preceded in death by several siblings.
- Visitation Monday, April 16, 2018
- Funeral Service Monday, April 16, 2018
Margaret L. Wilt
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
FROM THE FAMILY
IN THE CARE OF