Veronica 'Peggy' Branham
September 29, 1924 – July 12, 2019
Veronica 'Peggy' Branham, 94, beloved wife of John 'Red' Branham for 73 years, of Columbia and formerly of Long Island, NY and Pompano Beach, FL (for 22 years), passed away on Friday, July 12, 2019 at her home, with her loving family by her side. Peggy was born in Bronx, New York and was the daughter to the late George and Irene (O'Connor) Farley. Peggy proudly served in the U.S. Navy during WWII, serving as a wave stenographer. She married John and together they raised their family, a loving wife and mother, she also found time to work as a secretary for the Grumman Corp. and later as assistant to a doctor. She will be remembered for always being a friend to everyone she met. She most enjoyed the highlight of the week, when she went to get her hair done by Maureen at "Shampoo One". In addition to her beloved husband, John, Peggy is survived and will be dearly missed by her daughter; Carol (Bernie) Herpst of Glastonbury, 'Nana' to her sweet grandchildren: James (Cathy) Webster, John (Eduardo) Webster and Brian (Laura) Webster, her precious great grandchildren: James, Mathew, Madison, Lauren and Alexa, many loving nieces and nephews and her devoted dog Bogey. She was also predeceased by two sisters: Mary Dabbins and Virginia Shelton and a brother, George Farley. A time of visitation will be held Sunday, July 14, 2019 from 3:00-7:00PM at the Glastonbury Funeral Home, 450 New London Turnpike, Glastonbury, CT. Funeral services will be held Monday, July 15, 2019 at 9:00AM from the funeral home for a brief gathering, with procession departing 9:30AM - for her Funeral Liturgy at 10:00AM in St. Paul Church, 2577 Main St., Glastonbury, CT. Burial will follow in Green Cemetery, Glastonbury, CT.
- George Farley, Father (deceased)
- Irene (O'Connor) Farley, Mother (deceased)
- John 'Red' Branham, Husband
- Carol (Bernie) Herpst, Daughter
- James (Cathy) Webster, Grandson
- John (Eduardo) Webster, Grandson
- Brian (Laura) Webster, Grandson
- Mary Dabbins, Sister (deceased)
- Virginia Shelton, Sister (deceased)
- George Farley, Brother (deceased)
- Her precious great grandchildren: James, Mathew, Madison, Lauren and Alexa, many loving nieces and nephews and her devoted dog Bogey.
- Visitation Sunday, July 14, 2019
- Funeral Liturgy Monday, July 15, 2019