Mr. Herbert "Herb" E. Stoner
March 6, 1938 – October 28, 2019
Herbert E. Stoner Obituary
Herbert E. Stoner, 81, of Harrisburg, a veteran of the United States Navy and retiree of UPS, passed away Monday, October 28, 2019, at home surrounded by his family. Born March 6, 1938, in Harrisburg, he was the son of the late Elwood H. and Marie Stoner, widower of Brenda L. (Madenfort) Stoner since January 2005 after 44 years of marriage, and also preceded in death by his brother Barry L. Stoner and sister Sandra Zerance. Fondly known by his family and friends as Herb, Sonny, Herbie the Lovebug, Dad, and Pappy. Herb's favorite past time was spending time with those he loved most. He enjoyed watching his family grow and in more recent years getting to spend time playing and entertaining his great-grandchildren. Herbert was the epitome of a family man, doing whatever he could to support his family from the time his children were young. Herbert also had a passion for bowling; you would often see him at the bowling alley daily and in his later years as a spectator cheering on his children and grandchildren. Herbert is survived by his six children, Patricia Nordfors and significant other Jerry Carl of Harrisburg, Kim Smith and husband Randy of Harrisburg, Jackie Dawson and husband Don of Lower Paxton, Anthony (Bob) Stoner and significant other Dana Rowles of Harrisburg, Kristin Stoner and significant other Scott Price of Harrisburg, and John Stoner and wife Jill of Middletown; twelve grandchildren, Jim Nordfors (Emily), Erika Wilson (Wayne), Leeann Evans, Nichole Smith, Lisa Cooper (Ryan), Carina and Riley Dawson, A.J. and Joshua Stoner (Jessica), Ashlee Wentsler (Ryan) of whom he was the legal guardian, and John Jr. and Jayson Stoner; five great-grandchildren; and six brothers and sisters. Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11:00 AM Monday, November 4, 2019 at St. Catherine Laboure Catholic Church, 4000 Derry Street, Harrisburg. Burial will be in Resurrection Cemetery. Viewing will be held from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM Sunday, November 3, 2019 in Neill Funeral Home, 3501 Derry Street, Harrisburg. The family would like to extend extreme gratitude to nurse Amy and Homeland Hospice for all of their support during this time of sorrow. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Alzheimer's Association, 225 N. Michigan Avenue Floor 17, Chicago, IL 60601 or Homeland Hospice, 2300 Vartan Way Suite 270, Harrisburg, PA 17110.
- Patricia Nordfors, & Jerry Carl, Daughter
- Kim Smith, & Randy, Daughter
- Jackie Dawson, & Don, Daughter
- Anthony (Bob) Stoner, & Dana Rowles, Son
- Kristin Stoner, & Scott Price, Daughter
- John Stoner, & Jill, Daughter
- Herbert is also survived by twelve grandchildren; Jim Nordfors (Emily), Erika Wilson (Wayne), Leeann Evans, Nichole Smith, Lisa Cooper (Ryan), Carina Dawson, Riley Dawson, A.J. Stoner, Joshua Stoner (Jessica), Ashlee Wentsler (Ryan), John Stoner, Jr., and Jayson Stoner; five great grandchildren, and six siblings. He was preceded in death by his parents, Elwood and Marie Stoner; his wife, Brenda L. (Madenfort) Stoner; his brother, Barry Stoner, and sister, Sandra Zerance.
2300 Vartan Way Suite 270 , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania 17110
225 N. Michigan Ave. Floor 17 , Chicago, Illinois 60601
- Mass of Christian Burial Monday, November 4, 2019
- Interment Monday, November 4, 2019