Julius Everett Bradburn
June 11, 1928 – November 1, 2021
Julius Everett Bradburn, 93, a resident of Harrisonburg, died November 1, 2021 at his residence. He had been in declining health for the past two years.
A son of the late Thomas Conn and Omega Viola Hinegardner Bradburn, he was born on June 11, 1928 in Hinton, VA. He served in the U.S. Army during the Korean War. Julius was a mechanic at Riddleberger Brothers for 25 years before retiring. He enjoyed woodworking, fishing and camping.
On January 18, 1958, Julius married Anna Belle Mitchell Bradburn who survives. Also surviving are his children, Freida Bradburn Gentry of Harrisonburg, Everett Bradburn of Harrisonburg, and Jenise Bradburn Crouch of Littleton, NC; five grandsons; one great-grandchild; and one great-great-grandchild.
In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his son, Gary Bradburn; as well as his ten siblings, Ewell Wilson Bradburn, Melvin A. Bradburn, Norman Leon Bradburn, Edna Jane Bradburn Cooper, Avanell Hope Bradburn Mason, June Bradburn Orebaugh, Thurston Carson Bradburn, Nina Theresa Bradburn, Odessa Pearl Bradburn Showalter, and Virginia Lucille Bradburn.
Graveside services will be held Tuesday, November 9, 2021 at 11:00 AM at Eastlawn Memorial Gardens in Harrisonburg with Chaplin Samantha Larson officiating.
Lindsey Funeral Home in Harrisonburg is handling arrangements. There will be no public viewing.
Online condolences may be sent to the family by visiting www.lindseyharrisonburg.com
- Anna Belle Mitchell Bradburn, Wife
- Freida Bradburn Gentry, Daughter
- Everett Bradburn, Son
- Jenise Bradburn Crouch, Daughter
- Five, Grandsons
- One, Great-Grandchild
- One, Great-Great-Grandchild
- Gary Bradburn, Son (deceased)
- Omega Viola Hinegardner Bradburn, Mother (deceased)
- Thomas Conn Bradburn, Father (deceased)
- Ewell Wilson Bradburn, Brother (deceased)
- Melvin A. Bradburn, Brother (deceased)
- Norman Leon Bradburn, Brother (deceased)
- Edna Jane Bradburn Cooper, Sister (deceased)
- Avanell Hope Bradburn Mason, Sister (deceased)
- June Bradburn Orebaugh, Sister (deceased)
- Thurston Carson Bradburn, Brother (deceased)
- Nina Theresa Bradburn, Sister (deceased)
- Odessa Pearl Bradburn Showalter, Sister (deceased)
- Virginia Lucille Bradburn, Sister (deceased)
Tuesday, November 9, 2021
Julius Everett Bradburn
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
November 4, 2021
Such a very sweet man. My brother and I spent many weekends with Anna Belle and Julius and they are some of the best memories that I have. He and Anna Belle and Jenise drove me across country when I moved. Those are also great memories. I am a better person for knowing him.
Ron and Amelie
Kindred Hospice Team
November 3, 2021
Our thoughts and prayers are with you all during this most difficult time.
Sending our deepest condolences,
The Kindred Hospice Team
November 2, 2021
Annabelle and family, I am so sorry to hear of Julius passing. He was a wonderful person and was always so kind to my mother. He will be missed. You all are in my thought and prayers.