Melvina J. Cook
February 15, 1938 – August 25, 2018
Melvina J. Cook, 80, of Harrisonville, Missouri passed away peacefully with her family by her side on Saturday, August 25, 2018. Melvina was born to William H and Ruth M (Dyer) Cook in Independence, MO.
On August 19, 1955 she married George Leslie Cook, Jr. Melvina and George (known to friends as GL) had just celebrated their 63rd anniversary on the previous Sunday.
Melvina always liked visiting with anyone with an open ear, playing cards, bingo, an occasional trip to play the slots and keeping her hands busy with craft projects.
Melvina is survived by her husband; GL, children; David, Richard, Brenda and Gary. She was blessed with 6 grandchildren; Jason, Abby, Sam, Stephanie, Monica and Cameron (CJ) and 8 great grandchildren; Eric, Evan, Nolan, Ethan, Emma, Landon, Chevy and Bruce.
Services will be held at Newcomer's Noland Road Chapel, 509 S. Noland Rd., Independence, MO. Visitation will be on August 30 from 10-11 am with service to follow. Interment immediately afterward at Mound Grove Cemetery, 1818 N. River Blvd., Independence, MO.
- William H Cook, Father
- Ruth M (Dyer) Cook, Mother
- George Leslie Cook, Jr. (GL), Husband
- David, Richard, Brenda and Gary, Children
- Jason, Abby, Sam, Stephanie, Monica and Cameron (CJ), Grandchildren
- Eric, Evan, Nolan, Ethan, Emma, Landon, Chevy and Bruce, Great Grandchildren
- Jason Cook, Pallbearer - Grandson
- Eric Cook, Pallbearer - Great Grandson
- Sam Robinson, Pallbearer - Grandson
- CJ Cook, Pallbearer - Grandson
- Frank Todd, Pallbearer - Cousin
- Tim Todd, Pallbearer - Cousin
- Steve Robinson, Alternate Pallbearer - Son-In-Law
- Rusty Hay, Alternate Pallbearer - Family Friend
- Visitation Thursday, August 30, 2018
- Funeral Service Thursday, August 30, 2018
- Committal Service Thursday, August 30, 2018
Melvina J. Cook
August 30, 2018
VFW Auxiliary 1894, Clinton is standing with your family in your sorrow and praying for your comfort. Melvina was a life member and if there is anything we can do for the family please let us know. Post Telephone Number 660-885-5980.
August 30, 2018
I am honored to take care of her and listen to her stories. I will always remember her smile and saying good morning while she was outside enjoying the weather.
August 27, 2018
So sorry to hear of Melvina's passing. So glad we had connected the last few weeks. Thanks for keeping me informed and letting me know what was going on. I have a lot of memories of her when we were kids. Cousins at family gathering at Grandma Dyers house and other events. We also spent time together when we lived on West South Avenue and our kids were young. I know she loved her family and that each of you will miss her in your own way. I loved her and know she always loved me. She was so kind to go and see my mom when she was in the nursing home. We laughed at her funeral when she told me she had been to see mom and I told her that mom had told me that but that she had dementia and I did not believe her. She will be missed. Praying for your comfort.