Gerald Lee Pritchard
April 28, 1946 – October 2, 2019
Gerald Lee Pritchard, age 73 of Henderson, passed away peacefully at his home on Wednesday, October 2, 2019.
He was born on April 28, 1946 in Gibson County, TN, the son of the late Charles Floyd and Virgie Ann Hinson Pritchard. He was a graduate of North Side High School class of 1964. He was an Operating Engineer for Tennessee Valley Authority, retiring in 2007. He was an avid hunter who loved and enjoyed the gift of nature and spending time with his grandchildren and great grandchildren.
In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his wife, Mary Ann Marcom Pritchard; daughter, Lori Ann Pritchard Dutkovitch; brother, Mainard Pritchard; sister, Shirley Dowdell; brother, Charles Lamar Pritchard.
He is survived by his daughter, Leigh Ann Pritchard (David Thomas) of Humboldt, TN; son, Gerald D. Pritchard (Juanita Lynn) of Henderson; significant other, Casandra Williams of Henderson; grandchildren, David Lay, Casey Lay, Joshua Smith, Gerald Smith, Lauren Smith, Dalton Pritchard, Hannah Pritchard, and Bryce Pritchard; fifteen great grandchildren; brother, Larry Pritchard (Patsy) of Jackson; and sister, Ann Taylor (Kenneth) of Dresden.
The family will receive friends and loved ones from 12 -2 p.m. on Sunday, October 6, 2019 at the North Chapel of George A. Smith and Sons. Funeral services will follow at 2 p.m. with interment following in Highland Memorial Gardens.
Pallbearers to serve will be Gerald D. Pritchard, David Thomas, Josh Smith, Bryce Pritchard, David Lay, and Ronnie Gillespie.
- Leigh Ann Pritchard (David Thomas), Daughter
- Gerald D. Pritchard (Juanita Lynn), Son
- Casandra Williams, Significant Other
- David Lay, Grandchild
- Casey Lay, Grandchild
- Joshua Smith, Grandchild
- Gerald Smith, Grandchild
- Lauren Smith, Grandchild
- Dalton Pritchard, Grandchild
- Hannah Pritchard, Grandchild
- Bryce Pritchard, Grandchild
- Fifteen Great Grandchildren
- Larry Pritchard (Patsy), Brother
- Ann Taylor (Kenneth), Sister
- Mary Ann Marcom Pritchard, Wife, Deceased
- Charles Floyd Pritchard & Virgie Ann Hinson Pritchard, Parents, Deceased
- Lori Ann Pritchard Dutkovitch, Daughter, Deceased
- Mainard Pritchard, Brother, Deceased
- Shirley Dowdell, Sister, Deceased
- Charles Lamar Pritchard, Brother, Deceased
- Gerald D. Pritchard, Active
- David Thomas, Active
- Josh Smith, Active
- Bryce Pritchard, Active
- David Lay, Active
- Ronnie Gillespie, Active
- Visitation with Friends and Loved Ones Sunday, October 6, 2019
- The Funeral Service Sunday, October 6, 2019
Gerald Lee Pritchard
October 4, 2019
GOING TO MISS YOU BIG'UN, WE'VE BEEN FRIENDS ALL OUR LIVES AND DONE MORE THAN MOST PEOPLE EVER DREAMED ABOUT. GO BE WITH MARY ANN AND REMEMBER ALL THE TIMES WE HAD TOGETHER, HOPE THE MAN UPSTAIRES DOESN'T HOLD IT AGAINST YOU FOR US HUNTING HIS RABBITS ( AT NIGHT) LOVE YOU BOY , GOTTA GO NOW GITTING A LITTLE MISTY EYED
Lisa Pritchard Ing
October 3, 2019
Words cannot mend your heartache but those who care and share your loss pray for comfort and peace of mind for you. May you find strength in the love of your family and in the warm embrace of friends.
October 3, 2019
I have so many memories of this man but the one I like the best is me him and his daughter took this 6 wheeler to the pond was suppose to float is what daddy gerald said well guess it might had if we had the plug in This man was truly one of a kind they broke the mold when they made him He was a honest man a true friend and full of laughter He will be remembered and greatly missed Now enjoy your time with your soul mate Mary Ann i can see u guys together now