Ruby Gaynelle (Harr) Roller
June 2, 1921 – June 17, 2019
Ruby Gaynelle (Harr) Roller, 98, passed peacefully during the morning hours of Monday (June 17, 2019). Ruby was born on June 2, 1921 in Blountville, TN to the late Hugh Henry & Flora (Droke) Harr.
Ruby was a lifelong member of Immanuel Lutheran Church in Blountville, TN. She enjoyed knitting, gardening, cooking, playing cards, and spending time with her family and friends. Ruby was a loving wife, mother, grandmother, geat-grandmother, sister, aunt, and friend; she will be greatly missed. In addition to her parents, Ruby was preceded in death by her loving husband of over 60 years, Robert Mack Roller; brother, William Henry Harr; two sisters, Margaret Bitzberger and Vestal Elliott; and niece, Peggy Harr Gerdts.
Left to cherish her memory are her daughter, Diane Reed & husband Jim; two granddaughters, Amy Reed Brown & husband Nick and Krista Reed Bird & husband Stephen; three great-grandchildren, Austin, Hailey, and Aubrey Brown; nephew, Wayne Harr & wife Janet; and other family and friends. The family will receive friends on Wednesday (June 19, 2019) from 1 to 2 p.m. at East Lawn Funeral Home. Funeral service will follow at 2 p.m. in the chapel with Rev. Mary Louise Sitton officiating.
Ruby will be laid to rest following the funeral service on Wednesday (June 19, 2019) at East Lawn Memorial Park in the Garden of Devotion. Serving as pallbearers will be Wayne Harr, Greg Roller, Randy Smith, Joe Smith, Max Winegar, and Wesley Winegar.
In lieu of flowers the family requests that memorial contributions be sent to Immanuel Lutheran Church, 191 Central Heights Road, Blountville, TN 37617.
The family would like to extend a special thank you to her caregivers of six years, Helen Case and Sue Thacker; Brandy Morales and all staff of Preston Place Suites; and Erika Weatherford of Amedisys Hospice for all the kind and compassionate care that was given to Ruby.
Online condolences may be made to the Roller family at www.eastlawnkingsport.com. East Lawn Funeral Home and Memorial Park has the honor of serving the Roller family.
- Diane Reed and husband Jim, Daughter
- Amy Reed Brown and husband Nick; Krista Reed Bird and husband Stephen, Granddaughters
- Austin, Hailey and Aubrey Brown, Great-Grandchildren
- Wayne Harr and wife Janet, Nephew
- Other Family and Friends, Family
- Hugh Henry and Flora (Droke) Harr, Parents - Deceased
- Robert Mack Roller, Husband - Deceased
- William Henry Harr, Brother - Deceased
- Margaret Bitzberger, Sister - Deceased
- Vestal Elliott, Sister - Deceased
- Peggy Harr Gerdts, Niece - Deceased
- Wayne Harr
- Greg Roller
- Randy Smith
- Joe Smith
- Max Winegar
- Wesley Winegar
Immanuel Lutheran Church
191 Central Heights Road, Blountville, Tennessee 37617
- Receiving of Friends Wednesday, June 19, 2019
- Funeral Service Wednesday, June 19, 2019
- Graveside Service Wednesday, June 19, 2019