Frances Elizabeth Lunsford
November 2, 1931 – September 21, 2020
Frances Elizabeth Lunsford, 88 of Knoxville TN, quietly slipped into Eternity on Monday, September 21, 2020. Frances was an avid gardener and loved to can and bake. She was famous for her apple stack cake and her chocolate pie. She was a natural and devoted caregiver.
Frances had waiting on her on the other side of Eternity, her parents, Barney and Mildred Dalton; husband, Virgil Lunsford; sons, James David Lane, Boyd Lane; brother, Robert Dalton; sisters, Virginia Dalton Merriman, Shirley Dalton, and the father of her five sons, Jackie D. Lane.
She leaves behind to cherish her loving memories, her sons, Michael (Linda) Lane, Jerry (Pam) Lane, Jeff (Karen) Lane; brother, Sydney (Sue) Dalton, and many much-loved grandchildren, great-grandchildren, nieces, nephews, and special lifelong friends, neighbors and caretakers.
Open calling hours will be held at McCarty - Evergreen Funeral Home on Friday, September 25, 2020 from 12:00pm - 4:00pm. In lieu of flowers, the family suggests that you consider planting a tree in her memory or donate to the charity of your choice. Online Condolences may be offered to the family at www.mccartyevergreen.com.
Arrangements by McCarty-Evergreen Funeral Home, 7426 Asheville Highway, Knoxville, TN 37924.
- Barney and Mildred Dalton, Parents (deceased)
- Virgil Lunsford, Husband (deceased)
- James David Lane, Son (deceased)
- Boyd Lane, Son (deceased)
- Robert Dalton, Brother (deceased)
- Virginia Dalton Merriman, Sister (deceased)
- Shirley Dalton, Sister (deceased)
- Jackie D. Lane, Father of her five sons (deceased)
- Michael (Linda) Lane, Son
- Jerry (Pam) Lane, Son
- Jeff (Karen) Lane, Son
- Sydney (Sue) Dalton, Brother
- Frances leaves behind many much-loved grandchildren, great-grandchildren, nieces, nephews, and special lifelong friends, neighbors, and caretakers.
Learn more about the Lunsford name
Open Calling Hours
Friday, September 25, 2020