Phyllis Gale Hendricks
June 28, 1948 – January 4, 2019
Phyllis Gale Hendricks, 70, of Lynchburg went to be with her Lord on Friday, January 4, 2019. She was the loving wife of the late Harry William Hendricks, Sr.
Born on June 28, 1948 in Campbell County, she was the daughter of the late Orenzor Norvell Layne and the late Mary Perry Layne. Phyllis had a heart of gold and loved everyone. She was an angel walking on earth and was a 20 year cancer survivor.
In addition to her parents and husband, she is preceded in death by three sisters, Virginia Austin, Carolyn Jenkins, and Doris Hash.
Phyllis is survived by her children, Brenda Lucky, Frank Hendricks, and Harry Hendricks, Jr.; six grandchildren, Michael Chewning, Laura Pierce, Victor Lucky, Jr., Amber Hendricks, Alexis Hendricks, and Harry Hendricks, III; 12 great grandchildren; brother, Roger Layne; two sisters, Mary Dunkley and Patricia Hendricks; and numerous other family members and friends.
The family would like to extend a special thank you to Mallory Barber, Nickie Brewer, and Debbie Snow for their compassionate care during Phyllis illness.
The family will receive friends from 6 to 8 pm on Thursday, January 10, 2019 at Whitten Park Avenue Chapel.
A funeral service will be held at 1 pm on Friday, January 11, 2019 at Whitten Park Avenue Chapel with Pastor Melvin Campbell officiating. Interment will follow at Fort Hill Memorial Park.
- Orenzor Norvell Layne, Father
- Mary Perry Layne, Mother
- Harry William Hendricks Sr., Husband
- Brenda Lucky, Daughter
- Frank Hendricks, Son
- Harry Hendricks Jr., Son
- Michael Chewning, Grandson
- Laura Pierce, Granddaughter
- Victor Lucky Jr., Grandson
- Amber Hendricks, Granddaughter
- Alexis Hendricks, Granddaughter
- Harry Hendricks III, Grandson
- Roger Layne, Brother
- Mary Dunkley, Sister
- Patricia Hendricks, Sister
- Virginia Austin, Sister
- Carolyn Jenkins, Sister
- Doris Hash, Sister
- Phyllis is also survived by 12 great grandchildren and numerous other family members and friends.
- Visitation Thursday, January 10, 2019
- Funeral Service Friday, January 11, 2019