Alyce M. Lewandowski
January 28, 1931 – August 8, 2018
Alyce M. Lewandowski, 87, of Rockford, IL, passed away, Wednesday, August 8, 2018 in her daughter’s home. She was born January 28, 1931 in Chicago, IL, the daughter of Emil and Ruth (Gill) Rosdahl. Alyce married Richard E. Lewandowski on February 9, 1952 in Chicago, IL. Alyce was a member of the Red Hat Society. Most of all she loved spending time with her family, and grandchildren. Alyce is loved and missed by her children, Russell (Joan) i, Gail (Richard), Ronald (Linda), Laura (John, Sr.); grandchildren, Russell (Allison), Richard (Heather), Matthew, and Jonathan, Anthony, Philip, Stephen, Maegan (James), Brian Jr., Stacy, and Andrew; great-grandchildren, Paityn and Tucker; sister-in-law, Marilynn Rosdahl, and numerous nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, Richard, and brothers, Walter and Victor Rosdahl. A funeral service will be held at 3:00 p.m., Monday, August 13, 2018 at Sunset Funeral Home, 8800 N. Alpine Rd, Machesney Park, IL 61115. A visitation will be held from 1:00 p.m., until the time of service. Entombment in Sunset Memorial Gardens. Memorials may be made to the Parkinson’s Foundation. To share a condolence, please visit www.Sunsetfhmemgardens.com.
- Emil Rosdahl, Father
- Ruth Rosdahl, Mother
- Richard Lewandowski, Husband
- Russell (Joan) Lewandowski, Son
- Gail (Richard) Hartmann, Daughter
- Ronald (Linda) Lewandowski, Son
- Laura (John Sr.) Fisher, Daughter
- Walter Rosdahl, Brother
- Victor Rosdahl, Brother
- Marilynn Rosdahl, Sister-in-law
- Alyce leaves behind grandchildren, Russell (Allison), Richard (Heather), Matthew, and Jonathan, Anthony, Philip, Stephen, Maegan (James), Brian Jr., Stacy, and Andrew; great-grandchildren, Paityn and Tucker.
- Visitation Monday, August 13, 2018
- Funeral Service Monday, August 13, 2018