Patty L. Hagberg
July 16, 1941 – July 9, 2018
Patty L. Hagberg, 77, of Rockford, IL, passed away peacefully, Monday, July 9, 2018 at Swedish American Hospital. She was born July 16, 1941 in Rockford, IL, the daughter of Elmer and Gertrude Johnson. Patty married Emil Hagberg, Sr., on December 12, 1958. She graduated from Rock Valley College and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in social work, where she worked at numerous places in Rockford helping the elderly. Patty enjoyed painting, collecting angels, and sewing. She loved birds, and going fishing. Patty is loved and missed by her children, Terry (Sharon Thomas) Hagberg, Sherrie (Kevin) Quigley, Jeff Hagberg, and Christy Hagberg; several grandchildren, great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren; sister, Pam St. John; long time close personal friend, Rick Jenkins, and close personal friend, Butch Heather; as well as numerous nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, Emil, son, Emil P. Hagberg, Jr., and brother, Jack St. John. A funeral service will be held at 10:00 a.m., Monday, July 16, 2018 at Sunset Funeral Home, 8800 N. Alpine Road, Machesney Park, IL, 61115. A visitation will be held from 9:00 a.m. until the time of the service. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made in Patty’s name to Swedish American Heart Hospital. To share a condolence, please visit www.Sunsetfhmemgardens.com.
- Elmer Johnson, Father
- Gertrude Johnson, Mother
- Emil P Hagberg Sr., Husband
- Terry Hagberg, Son
- Sherrie (Kevin) Quigley, Daughter
- Jeff Hagberg, Son
- Christy Hagberg, Daughter
- Emil P. Hagberg Jr., Son
- Jack St. John, Brother
- Patty leaves behind several grandchildren, great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren; long time close personal friend, Rick Jenkins, and close personal friend, Butch Heather; as well as numerous nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, Emil, son, Emil P. Hagberg, Jr., and brother, Jack St. John.
- Visitation Monday, July 16, 2018
- Funeral Service Monday, July 16, 2018
Patty L. Hagberg
Michelle Lee Hagberg
July 9, 2018
Today we lost a mother a grandmother a partner a friend and everything she was to so many people but we all gained an angel in heaven, her mark on this world and on my heart will forever remain.
It’s not goodbye it’s see you later Grandma and what a joy that day will be. Fly free sweet girl I love you!