September 26, 1925 – November 28, 2019
Rosemary (Ferguson) Sawallisch, 94, died peacefully at Florence Nursing Home in Marengo with family by her side.
She was born on September 26, 1925 to Carl and Annabelle (Schultz) Ferguson. She married Harold Charles Sawallisch on September 29, 1945.
Rosemary and Harold farmed many years working side by side. Going to church at St. John’s Lutheran Church in Union was an important part of their life. Rosemary was an avid reader and always had a book in her hands. Through the years she also enjoyed sewing (making special outfits and dresses for her girls), playing cards and crafts. She enjoyed holiday baking and took pride in cooking delicious meals during harvest. She loved her family dearly and always loved spending time with them!
She is survived by 5 daughters, Teresa (Bill Manke) Hay, Lynn (Bill) Courier, Joan (Bill) Roth, Jeannie (Bob Nesladek) Bright and Mary (Casey) Lindsay; 10 grandchildren, Ed (Debra) Hay, Kathy (Carl) Knaak, Chris (Michelle) Courier, Michelle (Kevin) Magden, Luke Roth, Rachael (Sean) Adler, Jason (Kellie) Flemming, Sarah Bright, Laif (Sabrina) Lindsay and Jennifer Lindsay. 14 great-grandchildren, Margaret (Sean) Buchar, Joshua (Veronica Wellman) Hay, Kristen and Kayla Knaak, Colin and Makenzie Courier, Connor and Kelsey Magden, Chase and Alex Sarver, Connor and Ellie Adler, Cole and Paige Lindsay, 1 great-great grandchild, Mila Buchar and many beloved friends and family members. We would like to give a special thank you to her extended family at Florence Nursing Home.
She was preceded in death by her husband Harold, parents Carl and Annabelle Ferguson, her sister, Pat Blackburn and 3 grandchildren, infant Allen Scott Hay, Melissa Roth and Juli (Roth) Vannarath. Those wishing to send an expression of condolence, her family suggests St. John’s Lutheran Church, 6821 Main St., Union, IL 60180 or Florence Nursing Home, 546 E. Grant Hwy., Marengo, IL 60152
The visitation will be held at St. John’s Lutheran Church, 6821 Main St., Union, IL on Wednesday, December 4, 2019, from 9:00-11:00 A.M. The funeral service will be at 11:00 A.M. with lunch following.
Interment will be at Marengo City Cemetery.
For information, call Marengo-Union Funeral Home at 815-568-8131. Online condolences may be made at www.marengo-unionfuneralhome.com. Sign the guest book at www.NWHerald.com/obits
- Annabelle (Schultz) Ferguson, Mother (deceased)
- Carl Ferguson, Father (deceased)
- Harold Charles Sawallisch, Husband (deceased)
- Teresa Hay (Bill Manke), Daughter
- Lynn Courier (Bill), Daughter
- Joan Roth (Bill), Daughter
- Jeannie Bright (Bob Nesladek), Daughter
- Mary Lindsay (Casey), Daughter
- Ed Hay (Debra), Grandchild
- Kathy Knaak (Carl), Grandchild
- Chris Courier (Michelle), Grandchild
- Michelle Magden (Kevin), Grandchild
- Luke Roth, Grandchild
- Rachael Adler (Sean), Grandchild
- Jason Flemming (Kellie), Grandchild
- Sarah Bright, Grandchild
- Laif Lindsay (Sabrina), Grandchild
- Jennifer Lindsay, Grandchild
- Margaret Buchar (Sean), Great Grandchild
- Joshua Hay (Veronica Wellman), Great Grandchild
- Kristen Knaak, Great Grandchild
- Kayla Knaak, Great Grandchild
- Colin Courier, Great Grandchild
- Makenzie Courier, Great Grandchild
- Connor Magden, Great Grandchild
- Kelsey Magden, Great Grandchild
- Chase Sarver, Great Grandchild
- Alex Sarver, Great Grandchild
- Connor Adler, Great Grandchild
- Ellie Adler, Great Grandchild
- Cole Lindsay, Great Grandchild
- Paige Lindsay, Great Grandchild
- Mila Buchar, Great-Great grandchild
- Pat Blackburn, Sister (deceased)
- Allen Scott Hay, Grandchild (deceased)
- Melissa Roth, Grandchild (deceased)
- Juli Vannarath (Roth), Grandchild (deceased)
- Visitation Wednesday, December 4, 2019
- Funeral Service Wednesday, December 4, 2019