Edna Mae Gauer
October 14, 1923 – March 29, 2018
Edna Mae Gauer, 94 of Waco passed away Thursday March 29, 2018 in Waco. Funeral services will be 2:00 pm Saturday March 31, 2018 at Canaan Baptist Church in Crawford with Rev. Steven Darst, Jr. officiating. Interment will follow in Canaan Baptist Cemetery.
Edna was born on October 14, 1923 in Valley Mills to Alfred and Anna (Sandhoff) Hoppe. She married Ervin "Buck" Gauer on April 26, 1945. They celebrated over 53 years together until his death on February 26, 1999. Edna’s favorite pastimes were cooking and painting. She retired from Owen-Illinois glass plant after 29 years. Edna was a member of Canaan Baptist Church.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; and sister, Ima Bekkelund. Survivors include her daughter Donna Grimestad and husband, Leon, of Hewitt; son Steve Gauer of Valley Mills; brother Ray Hoppe and wife, Nancy, of Valley Mills, Vernon Gene Hoppe and wife, Nelda, of Woodway; sister Ann Blum and husband, Erwin, of Crawford; grandchildren, Karla Smith and husband, Randy, of Crawford, Karen Boney and husband, Steve, of Austin; great-grandchildren Torstein Miner, Kenzie, Koby, and Kade Smith, Finn and Beck Boney; and numerous nieces and nephews.
The family would like to thank two special caregivers at Wesley Woods - Jennifer and Gina for the love and care they provided.
Memorials can be made to Canaan Baptist Cemetery Association P.O. Box 664 Hewitt, Tx 76643.
- Mrs. Gauer was preceded in death by her parents, Alfred and Anna (Sandhoff) Hoppeher, husband, Ervin (Buck) Gauer and sister Ima Bekkelund. Survivors include her daughter Donna Grimestad and husband Leon of Hewitt, son Steve Gauer of Valley Mills, brother Ray Hoppe and wife Nancy of Valley Mills, Vernon Gene Hoppe and wife Nelda of Woodway, sister Ann Blum and husband Erwin of Crawford, grandchildren, Karla Smith and husband Randy of Crawford, Karen Boney and husband Steve of Austin, great-grandchildren Torstein Miner, Kenzie, Koby & Kade Smith, Finn and Beck Boney and numerous nieces and nephews.
- Randy Smith
- Koby Smith
- Greg Dutschmann
- Jerry Gauer
- Rick Gauer
- Ronnie Gauer
- Torstein Miner, Honorary Pallbearer
- Steve Boney, Honorary Pallbearer
Canaan Baptist Cemetery Association
P.O. Box 664, Hewitt, Texas 76643
- Visitation Friday, March 30, 2018
- Funeral Service Saturday, March 31, 2018
Edna Mae Gauer
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
March 31, 2018
Donna and Leon, we want to extend our heartfelt condolences and sincere sympathy as you endure this loss, one of the hardest to endure. Donna, I watched the hurt you were experiencing, and know it so very well. I’m so sorry. Your Mother obviously was very special, and an exceedingly beautiful lady. May God watch over you and help you to heal.
With Our Kindest Regards,
Hani and Nancy Yankie Sidarous