Annie Bee Earhart
February 6, 1921 – February 14, 2021
Mrs. Annie Bee “Anne” Wilbourn Earhart, age 100, departed this life peacefully into the arms of her Lord on Sunday, February 14, 2021 at Shelby Gardens Place Memory Care Facility Cordova. Anne was born in Grenada, Mississippi, on February 6, 1921, to Edward E. Wilbourn and Maggie Bell Vaught Wilbourn and lived most of her life in Memphis.
She was a loving housewife and devoted mother and grandmother. A graduate of South Side High School, she worked several years as a secretary in the office of Mr. William Cullen Chandler, a local real estate developer, and later as a library and office assistant at Messick High School.
A faithful member of Ridgeway Baptist Church for 75 years, she taught children’s Sunday School for many years and served in various other areas of the church’s ministry. She was also a member of the Ladies Sunday School Class and active in the women’s missions ministry. She was an involved parent, typically serving as a room mother at Messick, gladly attending recitals, ball games, volleyball tournaments, and serving as a chaperone on church choir trips. As time went by, she lovingly spent her time helping care for her elderly mother, her mother-in-law, and ultimately her beloved husband. Her life revolved around her family, extended family, friends, church, and school. She was happiest when her home was filled with people.
Anne is survived by a son, Larry Earhart (Sandra) of Toccoa, GA, a daughter, Karen Earhart Worrell (Max) of Cordova, TN, a daughter-in-law, Kay Smith Earhart of Orange Park, FL; seven grandchildren, Whitney Earhart, Amelia Earhart Daniels (Michael), Garrett Earhart (Melissa), Katherine Earhart Ordonez (Mario), Ashley Worrell Houpt (Dave), Rachel Worrell Butler (Kiley), Brooke Worrell Ernst (Paul); and seven great-grandchildren, Zoe Kearfott, Anna Drake Daniels, Benjamin “Bear” Daniels, John Price Daniels, Cooper Houpt, Carson Houpt, and Antonia Ordonez Earhart; her brother, Edward E. “Buddy” Wilbourn Jr. (Mary Katherine “Tac”), and a special brother-in-law, Billy T. Earhart. She leaves nieces, nephews, cousins, and many friends who cherish her memory.
Anne was preceded in death by her husband of 66 years, John Dudley Earhart, a son, John Dudley Earhart Jr., infant grandson, Geoffrey Scott Earhart, her parents, Edward E. Wilbourn and Maggie Bell Vaught Wilbourn, and a sister, Betty Wilbourn Price.
Due to COVID concerns, there will be a private funeral service for family Monday, February 22, 2:00 p.m. at the chapel of Memphis Funeral Home Poplar Avenue with burial to follow in Forest Hill Midtown Cemetery. There will be no visitation.
Hers was a life well-lived. In lieu of flowers donations may be made to Ridgeway Baptist Church, 2500 Ridgeway Rd. Memphis, TN. 38119, or to the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, 1 Billy Graham Pkwy, Charlotte, NC 28201.
- Larry Earhart (Sandra), Son
- Karen Earhart Worrell (Max), Daughter
- Kay Smith Earhart, Daughter-in-law
- Whitney Earhart, Grandchild
- Amelia Earhart Daniels (Michael), Grandchild
- Garrett Earhart (Melissa), Grandchild
- Katherine Earhart Ordonez (Mario), Grandchild
- Ashley Worrell Houpt (Dave), Grandchild
- Rachel Worrell Butler (Kiley), Grandchild
- Brooke Worrell Ernst (Paul), Grandchild
- Zoe Kearfott, Great Grandchild
- Anna Drake Daniels, Great Grandchild
- Benjamin “Bear” Daniels, Great Grandchild
- John Price Daniels, Great Grandchild
- Cooper Houpt, Great Grandchild
- Carson Houpt, Great Grandchild
- Antonia Ordonez Earhart, Great Grandchild
- Edward E. “Buddy” Wilbourn Jr. (Mary Katherine “Tac”), Brother
- Billy T. Earhart, Special Brother-in-law
- John Dudley Earhart, Husband of 66 years (deceased)
- John Dudley Earhart Jr., Son (deceased)
- Geoffrey Scott Earhart, Infant Grandson (deceased)
- Edward E. Wilbourn and Maggie Bell Vaught Wilbourn, Parents (deceased)
- Betty Wilbourn Price, Sister (deceased)
- She leaves behind nieces, nephews, cousins, and many friends who cherish her memory
Ridgeway Baptist Church
2500 Ridgeway Rd., Memphis, Tennessee 38119
Billy Graham Evangelistic Association
1 Billy Graham Pkwy, Charlotte, Tennessee 28201
Monday, February 22, 2021
Annie Bee Earhart
February 17, 2021
I’m so glad she got to come to our wedding. This is where we learned that she was a secret pool shark and had strong golf swing as she hit the ball across the room when we played indoor mini-golf. Not long after we were married, we visited her in Memphis. I was vegetarian at the time, so she made me fish sticks (😂). I think her love language was feeding people, since she was always trying to give us food. I think we even went home with some!