Frances Viola Davidson
September 26, 1937 – July 30, 2019
Frances Viola Beard Davidson, 81, went to be with her Lord and Savior on Tuesday, July 30, 2019 in Mobile, AL. Fran was born to James and Julia Beard on September 26, 1937 in Laurel, MS. She loved to hike, birdwatch, and go on cruises with her late husband Mickey. Fran was a member of the Daughters of the American Revolution and the Colonial Dames. She was a loving wife, mother, and grandmother, but above all else, Fran was known for her devotion to serving the Lord through intercessory prayer. It is said that if Fran knew you, she prayed for you. She also served through her church by continuously making meals for fellow members who were in need.
Fran was preceded in death by her husband of 63 years, Arthur A. (Mickey) Davidson, Jr.; as well as her parents.
She is survived by her four children: Mickey (Sara Jane) Davidson, James (Kim) Davidson, Danny (Emily) Davidson, and Cindy (Jeff) DiMeglio; ten grandchildren: Anna Chapman, Katie Davidson, Calvin and Dayton Davidson, Daniel, Kara, and Emily Davidson, Brian, Andrew, and Nicholas DiMeglio; one great-grandson, Cohen Stanley; sister, Judy Lauer; as well as other cherished family and friends.
Visitation will be held Friday, August 2, 2019 from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m. at Pine Crest Funeral Home in Mobile, AL, with a graveside service on Saturday, August 3, 2019 at 9 a.m. in Pine Crest Cemetery on Dauphin Island Parkway. In lieu of flowers the family requests memorials be made in Fran’s honor to the building fund at Christ Anglican Church located at 3275 Halls Mill Road, Mobile, AL 36606.
- James and Julia Beard, Parents (deceased)
- Arthur A. Davidson Jr., Husband (deceased)
- Mickey and Sara Jane Davidson, Son and Daughter-in-law
- James and Kim Davidson, Son and Daughter-in-law
- Danny and Emily Davidson, Son and Daughter-in-law
- Cindy and Jeff DiMeglio, Daughter and Son-in-law
- Anna Chapman; Katie, Kara, and Emily Davidson, Granddaughters
- Calvin, Dayton, and Daniel Davidson; Brian, Andrew, and Nicholas DiMeglio, Grandsons
- Cohen Stanley, Great-Grandson
- Judy Lauer, Sister
- Visitation Friday, August 2, 2019
- Graveside Service Saturday, August 3, 2019