Grace Ella Lincks
August 2, 1926 – May 11, 2019
Grace Woodruff Lincks, a native of Cincinnati, Ohio and lifelong resident of Mobile, Alabama, died May 11, 2019. She attended Murphy High School and worked at Brookley Field as an instrumentation calibrator during World War II. Grace was married to Wilbur Noel Lincks, the love of her life, for 54 years. Their two daughters, Dian and Kathy, and Dauphin Way United Methodist Church were the center of their lives. Grace was an active member of Dauphin Way Methodist Church serving in many areas for over 70 years. Grace was a loving wife, mother, grandmother, and great grandmother to her family. She was known for sharing her artistic abilities in sewing, painting, cooking, gardening and organizational skills. She was proceeded in death by her parents, Horace and Eleanor Woodruff, and her husband Wilbur Noel Lincks. She is survived by her two children, Dian Lincks Beitel and Kathy Lincks Jorgensen and son in law, Gene Beitel, all of Mobile Alabama, four grandchildren, Matthew Jorgensen, Zachary Jorgensen (Rachael ), Benjamin Jorgensen (Judith), and Katy Jorgensen Pieczynski (Jim), and four great grandchildren, Olivia Pieczynski, Weslynn and Lincks Jorgensen, and Roman Jorgensen, also Jeanne Lincks(sister-in-law) and her family. Arrangements for the funeral are Thursday May 16, 2019, with a private family graveside at 10 a.m. at Memorial Gardens . Visitation will be at 1:00 p.m. Followed by the service of remembrance at 2:00 p.m. at Dauphin Way United Methodist Church. In lieu of flowers the family requests memorials be made to Dauphin Way United Methodist Church 1507 Dauphin Street Mobile, Alabama 36604 in care of Meals on Wheels.
- Dian Lincks Beitel, Daughter
- Kathy Lincks Jorgensen, Daughter
- Gene Bietel, Son-in-law
- Matthew Jorgensen, Grandson
- Zachary Jorgensen (Rachael), Grandson
- Benjamin Jorgensen (Judith), Grandson
- Katy Jorgensen Pieczynski (Jim), Granddaughter
- She was preceded in death by her parents, Horace and Eleanor Woodruff, and her husband Wilbur Noel Lincks. She is also survived by four great grandchildren, Olivia Pieczynski, Weslynn and Lincks Jorgensen, and Roman Jorgensen, also Jeanne Lincks(sister-in-law) and her family.
- Memorial Visitation Thursday, May 16, 2019
- Service of Rememberance Thursday, May 16, 2019
Grace Ella Lincks
May 16, 2019
So sorry to read the sad news today. While its been several decades since our paths crossed, I have fond memories of knowing the Lincks while serving at Dauphin Way! It was a good move when Joel and I asked Kathy to come on staff. May y'all be comforted in God's love for us all!