Ricky Jude Gonsuron
February 27, 1959 – February 12, 2020
NEW IBERIA- Graveside services will be conducted for Ricky Jude Gonsuron, age 60, at 10:30 am on Saturday, February 22, 2020 at Holy Family Cemetery. Fr. Keith Landry, pastor of Sacred Heart of Jesus Catholic Church, will officiate.
In keeping with Mr. Gonsuron’s wishes, he will be cremated and only graveside services will be performed.
A native and resident of New Iberia, Mr. Gonsuron passed away peacefully on Wednesday, February 12, 2020 at his home surrounded by his loving family.
Born on February 27, 1959 to Ruby Breaux Gonsuron and the late Joseph Octave Gonsuron, Ricky was one of four children. He was a kind and caring man who enjoyed the simple life of country living. Ricky was an avid fisherman and loved spending time in his back yard pond. It was stocked with catfish, bass, bream, and most recently crabs. He would often take his small boat “Miss Trish” out on the pond and spend the day fishing with one of his nieces, nephews, or grandchildren. Ricky was a hard worker and liked to keep busy. He worked for Dynamic Industries as a yard superintendent for many years. When Ricky wasn’t on the job or fishing, he enjoyed tending to his yard and house and spending time with family and friends. A loving husband, father, grandfather, great grandfather, brother and friend, Ricky will be truly and deeply missed by all those who knew and loved him.
He is survived by his loving wife of 11 years, Patricia “Trish” Bernard Gonsuron; son, Ricky Jude Gonsuron, II. (Lindsay) of Oklahoma City, OK; daughter, Tyra Gonsuron Short (Jason) of New Iberia; step-daughters, Elizabeth Menard (Mike) of New Iberia, Celeste Peltier (Andre’) of Breaux Bridge, and Kim Walker (Adrian) of Youngsville; mother, Ruby Breaux Gonsuron; brothers, David Gonsuron (Debbie) of North Myrtle Beach, SC and Glenn Gonsuron (Lynae) of Hesperia, CA; sister, Mary Kay Boudreaux (Tim) of New Iberia; grandchildren, Caitlyn Mauney, Bailey Delahoussaye, and Elizabeth Gonsuron; and step grandchildren, Cecilia, Ashley, Katherine, Megan, Bridgette, and Ayden.
He is preceded in death by his father, Joseph Octave Gonsuron; half-brother, Allen Gonsuron; step-grandchildren, Christian Peltier and Nicolas Peltier; paternal grandparents, Joseph and Anna Gonsuron; and maternal grandparents, Adam and Clara Breaux.
The family would like to extend special thanks to Hospice of Acadiana especially to Ricky’s nurse Seth,for their caring and support
To view the on-line obituary and sign the guest register, please visit www.evangelinefuneralhome.com.
Evangeline Funeral Home of New Iberia is in charge of arrangements.
- Patricia "Trish" Bernard Gonsuron, Wife
- Ricky Gonsuron, II. (Lindsay), Son
- Tyra Gonsuron Short (Jason), Daughter
- Elizabeth Menard (Mike), Step-Daughter
- Celeste Peltier (Andre'), Step-Daughter
- Kim Walker (Adrian), Step-Daughter
- David Gonsuron (Debbie), Brother
- Glenn Gonsuron (Lynae), Brother
- Mary Kay Boudreaux (Tim), Sister
- Ruby Breaux Gonsuron, Mother
- Joseph Gonsuron, Father (deceased)
- Allen Gonsuron, Half-brother (deceased)
- Christian Peltier, Step Grandson (deceased)
- Nicolas Peltier, Step Grandson (deceased)
- Mr. Gonsuron also leaves behind to cheris his memory, grandchildren, Caitlyn Mauney, Bailey Delahoussaye, and Elizabeth Gonsuron; and step grandchildren, Cecilia, Ashely, Katherine, Megan, Bridgette, and Ayden.grandchildren, Caitlyn Mauney, Bailey Delahoussaye, and Elizabeth Gonsuron; and step grandchildren, Cecilia, Ashley, Katherine, Megan, Bridgette, and Ayden.
Memorial Graveside Services
Holy Family Cemetery
2807 Curtis Ln