Gladys Irene Burrowes
February 3, 1932 – July 2, 2018
Gladys I. Burrowes, age 86, passed away peacefully on Monday July 2, 2018, at Sawtelle House in Reading Massachusetts. She was born February 3, 1932 in London England to Alfred and Mary (Johnson) Stevens. Throughout her life she lived in London, England, Montreal, Québec, Canada, Pittsfield Massachusetts, Boston Massachusetts, Woburn Massachusetts and Palm Bay Florida.
She was married to Edwin (Eddie) Burrowes for forty-five years and together they had 3 children, Christopher, Deborah and Kim. Preceded in death by her husband, Eddie Burrowes, son Christopher, her parents, Alfred and Mary Stevens, brothers, Albert, Ronald, sisters, Vera and Jean. She is survived by daughter Deborah Gosselin and her husband Richard of Clinton Massachusetts, daughter, Kim Tramonte and two grandchildren, Benjamin and Abigail, of Woburn Massachusetts, also brothers, Eddie, Lenny and sister, Maureen in England as well as many nieces, nephews and close friends in the U.S. and UK.
Gladys worked as an accomplished seamstress and specialized in upholstery and drapery. She also worked as a Nurse's Aide at the University Hospital in Boston Massachusetts until settling into retirement in Palm Bay Florida in 1993. Gladys enjoyed crossword puzzles, anagrams, cryptograms and watching Jeopardy! She also enjoyed collecting angel figurines and displayed them proudly in her home for all to see.
She would often say "one simple act of kindness geared towards a friend, family member or a perfect stranger, not only pays forward but enriches the soul".
Visitation will be on Friday July 13 from 4:00 7:00 pm at the Fountainhead Funeral 7359 Babcock St SE, Palm Bay FL 32909, where services for Gladys will be on Saturday July 14 at 10:00 a.m. Gladys will be deeply missed by her family and friends.
In her memory, donations may be made to the St Jude's Children's Research Hospital, Memphis TN 38105.
- Alfred Charles Stevens, Father
- Mary Eliza Johnson, Mother
- Edwin (Eddie) Burrowes, Beloved Husband of 45 Years
- Christopher, Deborah & Kim, Children
- Christopher (deceased), Deborah & Kim, Children
- Albert & Ronald, Brothers
- Vera & Jean, Sisters
- Deborah (Richard) Gosselin, Daughter
- Kim Tramonte, Daughter
- Benjamin & Abigail, Grandchildren
- Eddie, Lenny & Maureen, Brothers & Sister
- Gladys also leaves behind to miss her many nieces, nephews and close friends in the U.S. and U.K.
- St Jude's Children's Research Hospital
- Visitation Friday, July 13, 2018
- Funeral Service Saturday, July 14, 2018