Betty Joe Frierson
October 1, 1928 – June 6, 2019
Betty Joe Frierson, 90, of Pensacola, Florida passed away on Thursday June 6, 2019. Betty was born October 1, 1928 to Damon Ferrell and Linda Stanley Ferrell in Kayford, WV.
Betty and her husband, Louis Edward Frierson, Jr., moved to Pensacola from Texas in 1970. She enjoyed reading, knitting, gardening, and spending time with her family. She was married to the love of her life, Louis, for 60 years.
She was preceded in death by her parents, Damon Ferrell and Linda Stanley Ferrell; husband, Louis Edward Frierson, Jr.; sister, Etta Ferrell, Terri Cozart; and brother- in -laws, Tim Cozart, Kenneth Holbrook.
Betty is survived by her sons, Charles (Pam) Frierson, Dale (Ellen) Frierson; daughter, Shawn (Tim)Tellander; brothers, Damon (Agnes) Ferrell, David (Kaye) Ferrell; sister, Nancy Holbrook; numerous grandchildren; three great grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews.
A visitation for Betty will be held 11:00 am - 11:30 am on Friday, June 14, 2019 Oak Lawn Funeral Home, 619 New Warrington Road, Pensacola, FL 32506. A funeral service will begin at 11:30 am. Immediately following, she will join Louis with a committal service at Barrancas National Cemetery at 1:00 pm. A reception will begin promptly after the graveside at Oak Lawn Funeral Home.
In lieu of flowers, please make donations to any veterans organization.
- Damon Ferrell, Father
- Linda Stanely Ferrell, Mother
- Louis Edward Frierson Jr., Husband
- Etta Ferrell, Sister
- Terri Cozart, Sister
- Tim Cozart, Brother-in-law
- Kenneth Holbrook, Brother-in-law
- Charles Frierson, Son
- Pam Frierson, Daughter-in-law
- Dale Frierson, Son
- Ellen Frierson, Daughter-in-law
- Shawn Tellander, Daughter
- Tim Tellander, Son-in-law
- Damon Ferrell, Brother
- Agnes Ferrell, Sister-in-law
- David Ferrell, Brother
- Kaye Ferrell, Sister-in-law
- Nancy Holbrook, Sister
- along with numerous grandchildren; three great grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews.
- Visitation Friday, June 14, 2019
- Funeral Service Friday, June 14, 2019
- Graveside Service Friday, June 14, 2019
- Reception Friday, June 14, 2019